Not Coasting after update

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Obebiker

Post by Obebiker »

I took my 2 year old SD for a brake fluid change. At same time an update was done, since then my Macan doesn’t coast anywhere near as much it before. Higher speed is fine but it won’t coast once the speed falls below 35 mph. I used to really like this feature, I was able to coast through most of my village at a steady 25-30 very nicely. Anyone else had this issue since an update and have you spoken to Porsche about it?

goron59

Post by goron59 »

Happens to me every time I go to OPC. Not just this, but the PDK settings, brake feel, seat position... everything is ever so slightly different.
The car also comes back much cleaner, so not complaining :)
After a while, it settles back to the way it was before.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Obebiker

Post by Obebiker »

Yeah....I like the nice clean car, maybe it’s weather related, but it’s not be that cold of late....
brains1900

Post by brains1900 »

I had the AJ07 update and a dpf clean @ 20000 miles even though I have not had problems with the dpf. I had reset the pdk gearbox before the service anyway as I was curious to see if it had learned to be lazy with the type of journeys and traffic I encounter. the coasting behaviour and gearbox are different than before the AJ07 especially when the engine is cold. You can induce coasting with a flick of the right paddle.