Williams Racing Ceramic Coat

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

70E579BE-038C-4DD1-A12B-371D31E45349.jpeg

Ben

The image is my Macan after the Gtechniq process.

It is the paint preparation that is highly time consuming.

If you think that the paint finish that is applied to a Porsche or indeed any other car is perfect then I can advise that it is far from being so.

We have a Professional Detailer in amongst our members and it is he who had detailed members Porsche cars.

Check out the posts of Jay One to see before and after images of his work.

Start with this thread.

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&auth ... 7&start=10
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

BenMacan wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:30 am Wing Co. is almost correct on the 'free deal'. It's an extra on a 'sale or return' when I did sell my old SD through the dealer.
I appreciate all your views and questions. As I understand it they will wash, dry and clay bar the car. It will take a long time to do this although being a new car it will not be very dirty. I will ask how long. It was emphasised that this is the key to a good job. I'm not sure about the wheels - so I will ask. Thanks for that. They will allow the car to cure in their showroom which is a bit warmer for a day. They will also do the interior including a leather treatment. Normal charge for all of the treatment is £700.
I saw the result on a Ferrari, which looked really good and also compared it to one that did not have it and you could see the difference when dry. They were both red of course. My new car will be Night Blue, so I think it will look really good. The wheels will be the 20" Macan Turbo's in satin platinum so I think they would be good also. I wonder what the effect would be on the satin finish? The other point made is that the black plastic trims on the underside sills and the sideblade would come up well and help retain their cleanliness. I am having the window trims in black high gloss. The lights are going to be black also including the rear light bar. Privacy glass etc. etc.
I will carry on with research as I have some time before the early April delivery. By the way, the product is badged
" WILLIAMS RACING, official licensed product of Williams Grand Prix Engineering Ltd." The brochure also has a page dedicated to Nigel Mansell who is" brand ambassador for the Williams branded paint collection programme." I would have thought that he had enough money anyway!
Thanks for your comments.
Hi Ben. If you have visited their premises, seen cars they’ve worked on, you’re happy with their working methods and they work on Ferraris, you should be ok. ;)

As an additional step, you could check out reviews online and maybe see if you can speak with customers who have paid hard cash for their services. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
BenMacan

Post by BenMacan »

Hello Mike,
It's not aan OPC that would do the work but I am appreciative of the comments made so far and will check out the competance of the finisher. I might even be with him whilst he does the preparation work. I am definitely not a auto car wash or 'hand' car wash down the road. I'm a two bucket kind of chap, with hose and gentle power wash and leather dry. I have the time and it's part of my life - cleaning our cars, that is. I am a bit surprised that anyone on the Forum have not heard of this product before - it seems so to date.
BenMacan

Post by BenMacan »

Thanks Col. I'll check it out. Your Macan looks really good! Your garage also looks amazing!! Ho Ho.
Hello Wing Co Simon - good idea.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hi Ben. You might want to revisit the use of a (chamois) leather on your car. ;)

I have now changed to micro-fibre towels.

Some use air blowers/dryers.

Some use filtered water to rinse the car & then let the car dry naturally. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Wing Commander wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:31 pm Hi Ben. You might want to revisit the use of a (chamois) leather on your car. ;)

I have now changed to micro-fibre towels.

Some use air blowers/dryers.

Some use filtered water to rinse the car & then let the car dry naturally. :)
Yes, and Snowfoam to start, wheel cleaner, soft wash mitt, quick detail spray to finish but NEVER NEVER dry it with a piece of Ferdinand 🐂. Truly a sad bunch and probably some vegans in amongst 😳😉
Last edited by MikeM on Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
VanB

Post by VanB »

I wouldn't dream of touching my car with a chamois - touchless prewash, lambswool mitt main wash (2 buckets), filtered rinse and a microfibre buff before applying a quick detailer. Would use a blower to dry but so much farming debris around here it would be like sand-blasting the car!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

BenMacan wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:33 pm Hello Mike,
It's not aan OPC that would do the work but I am appreciative of the comments made so far and will check out the competance of the finisher. I might even be with him whilst he does the preparation work. I am definitely not a auto car wash or 'hand' car wash down the road. I'm a two bucket kind of chap, with hose and gentle power wash and leather dry. I have the time and it's part of my life - cleaning our cars, that is. I am a bit surprised that anyone on the Forum have not heard of this product before - it seems so to date.
Leather, you use a leather.

OMG I need to lie down. :D

Throw them away and buy a batch of Meguires Water Magnet microfibre cloths, a couple of them could empty Lake Windermere such is their absorbancy, OK so I exagerate a bit.

Have a read of this

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5106&hilit=Washing+and+coeaning

As for the Williams Product, they are a very minor player, Gtechniq is the ceramic coating of choice for nearly everyone here .

Personally since there is a cost involved to the OPC in having the Williams treatment I would have a bit of a discussion about them not doing it and giving you a discount instead, if successful I would get the treatment done myself upon receipt if the car. The bodywork Gtechniq treatment is a £700 cost so if the OPC is getting it done external to them they will get a discount and depending upon the final cost the Detailer charges the OPC depends upon the quality of the work.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul

Post by Paul »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:36 pm
BenMacan wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:33 pm Hello Mike,

Gtechniq is the ceramic coating of choice for nearly everyone here .
?

Not quite sure if there are any stats to back that up.....?

2600 members....how many have had their cars “detailled” and of those how many chose Gtech....?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Paul wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:39 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:36 pm Gtechniq is the ceramic coating of choice for nearly everyone here .
?Not quite sure if there are any stats to back that up.....?

2600 members....how many have had their cars “detailled” and of those how many chose Gtech....?
Me for one, now on two Porsches. A main benefit to me is that it's so easy to wash the car, esp on these cold days, and it looks better than new every time. Another vote from me for Meguires water magnet towels.

007F64D0-A359-4B7A-8126-FBE5D5B2E08C.jpeg

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16