Re-progamming DME Control Unit

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Swilken

Post by Swilken »

Got my letter today. Just following the conversation for advice. :)
Macan S Diesel

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Just received my letter too .......
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I have also received this letter. Perhaps someone that has had DPF issues will have this done and let us know the outcome. :idea:

I have had no DPF problems with my Macan and it has performed faultlessly for 22 months since new and with decent mpg. :x
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

They don’t say it is recommended or required. Merely they have agreed to contact owners. Seems to be driven by the Germans.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Caster

Post by Caster »

Just spoken to my "knowledgeable" Porsche service contact + good news for me at least. Apparently, this latest software update (out since approx Nov 2018) was issued purely to counteract the problems caused by the earlier software update that might have been installed. Basically, it just takes away effects of previous update and restores it to position it was before!
So, they checked and mine didn't have previous update done so therefore no need to go in and have latest one done as it's already in best set up. Update not compulsory but if you go in for a service they will automatically do it - but happy for you to say don't do it as not related to safety etc.
Contact added that a lady who had 1st update done was then in with DPF faults every month until had latest update carried out + not needed to see her since.
So, I'd check if you've got initial bad update done + if so have new one installed. If not got bad one installed or happy with way your Macan responding I wouldn't bother (unless really want to) - even at next service time etc.
As an aside - new petrol Macan fitted with GPF won't have any issues as positioned better + will work differently !
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Just had my letter today and logged onto the forum to post the question... it seems the post gets to other parts of the country faster than me! My concern is that my first service is booked for next Friday and I don't currently have any problems with my Macan. Last DPF regen was 15,000 miles and 18 months ago. So I think I will ask them not to do it. As above, if it isn't broken, don't fix it. Although I am reassured by Caster's post above that it probably won't upset it. Must remember to flag it up when I go!
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Caster wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:14 pm Just spoken to my "knowledgeable" Porsche service contact + good news for me at least. Apparently, this latest software update (out since approx Nov 2018) was issued purely to counteract the problems caused by the earlier software update that might have been installed. Basically, it just takes away effects of previous update and restores it to position it was before!
So, they checked and mine didn't have previous update done so therefore no need to go in and have latest one done as it's already in best set up. Update not compulsory but if you go in for a service they will automatically do it - but happy for you to say don't do it as not related to safety etc.
Contact added that a lady who had 1st update done was then in with DPF faults every month until had latest update carried out + not needed to see her since.
So, I'd check if you've got initial bad update done + if so have new one installed. If not got bad one installed or happy with way your Macan responding I wouldn't bother (unless really want to) - even at next service time etc.
As an aside - new petrol Macan fitted with GPF won't have any issues as positioned better + will work differently !
Sounds good. Mine is due for update next month...
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Just got my letter today. Have not had any update since new (July '17) so, based upon Caster's post I'll let sleeping dogs lie for a while I think.
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S
Caster

Post by Caster »

Ray G wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:04 pm Just got my letter today. Have not had any update since new (July '17) so, based upon Caster's post I'll let sleeping dogs lie for a while I think.
I'm not sure when + on what chassis nos the dodgy update was installed so bear in mind that some Macans could have had the update installed from new. So, for peace of mind, could be worth checking to see if yours had it or not 👍
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Good point, thanks.
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S