Rear tailgate button

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Col M

Post by Col M »

Semerka wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:08 am
Col M wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:39 pm It won't work if the car is locked. (Pressing the tailgate open on the key unlocks the car at the same time). If you have entry and drive then you DON'T have an issue, but the tailgate button won't initiate the car unlocking.
Typo? ;)
No with entry and drive by the time you've reached the tailgate the car will accept pressing the button unlocking the car and opens. So if you're not having the tailgate open with the key in your pocket and pressing the wiper button you've got a problem.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Col M wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:08 pm
Semerka wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:08 am
Col M wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:39 pm It won't work if the car is locked. (Pressing the tailgate open on the key unlocks the car at the same time). If you have entry and drive then you DON'T have an issue, but the tailgate button won't initiate the car unlocking.
Typo? ;)
No with entry and drive by the time you've reached the tailgate the car will accept pressing the button unlocking the car and opens. So if you're not having the tailgate open with the key in your pocket and pressing the wiper button you've got a problem.
Oh, I find it very easy with the entry & drive, just come straight to the back of the car with the key in my pocket or buried in my backpack and press the wiper button and hey presto, car unlocked and tailgate opens. That's what I thought you meant that it made more sense to use the wiper button (rather than the driver's door button) for the tailgate if you have entry & drive because the car unlocks at the same time. 8-)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0