Rear USB ports 2016 Macan GTS

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
davewf

Post by davewf »

Want to power a dash cam off one of them, saves any risk of Porsche wingeing about warranty.

Now here's the odd thing, testing them they are off and don't come on till you switch the car on if you get what I mean.

Now when I then lock up the car they seem to have a random shutdown time, testing with a pair of bluetooth headphones that have a convenient LED that stays lit as long as power is there.

Plan is to buy a Garmin 55 because it is tiny and run a long USB cable to it from the rear. Nut only if I can figure out what the rear USB are up to. Any ideas?

Ha its just gone off after 30 mins , last time I tried it lasted about 10 minutes

Paul

Post by Paul »

They probably shut down progressively like the PCM, air con, clocks etc
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The power sockets in pre facelift Macans are supposed to be on for 30 minutes after the car is locked.

But who knows when Germanic logic came into play during the design process
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
jk88

Post by jk88 »

I have mine plugged into the socket under the armrest and it does indeed stay on for 30m after shutdown.
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
davewf

Post by davewf »

Ah I think I was was measuring from when I locked the car rather from when I switched the car off so 30 minutes definitely looks good.