Apple Car play

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
sparkmacan

Post by sparkmacan »

Sorry if it has been asked before ,, I have a Dec 16 66 plate GTS,
does anyone know how much it is to have Apple Car Play fitted & was it ever Standard ?
Thanks
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZWUIJ5 Waiting patiently

Previous Macan SD 65 & GTS 66

golfer

Post by golfer »

i enquired about 12 months ago and this was the reply i received:
Apple car play for your car will cost £420.00 inc Vat Fitted. It takes approx. 1 hour to fit .The Apple device has to be I phone 5 or newer .
If you need any more information please contact me .Or feel free to pop in to our centre .

Mine was a april 16 macan
Paul

Post by Paul »

Google Porsche Tequipment.........

4E3E1D55-B2F6-4AA4-A389-ADF60AA0AB2D.png

1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Is the £305 v £420 like for like?
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

When you ask your OPC about this can you also enquire about if it gives you live Traffic and if it is a fee based system?

Then let us know what they say.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

At £305 I am seriously considering this. What’s putting me off is the thought that all the Gubbins are probably installed already and it’s about £300 over priced.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

I've been to the OPC twice now, with problems with the ipod, intermittently not playing on start up from where it left off. They were unable to solve the matter, even though I purchased a new ipod Touch, at their suggestion. They ended up saying there is a problem with the compatibility, between the Apple system and the Porsche set up. Even though it can have have Apple car play. Realy...
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

There appear to be many owners across the world who have CarPlay so it may be worth asking the question on the PMOC Facebook page.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

TheTraveller wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:35 pm I've been to the OPC twice now, with problems with the ipod, intermittently not playing on start up from where it left off. They were unable to solve the matter, even though I purchased a new ipod Touch, at their suggestion. They ended up saying there is a problem with the compatibility, between the Apple system and the Porsche set up. Even though it can have have Apple car play. Realy...
With my basic set up the iPod usually reverts to the first alphabetic artist although sometimes it holds the last played position.
I am not sure if CarPlay will enhance my life but am tempted.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

TheTraveller wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:35 pm I've been to the OPC twice now, with problems with the ipod, intermittently not playing on start up from where it left off. They were unable to solve the matter, even though I purchased a new ipod Touch, at their suggestion. They ended up saying there is a problem with the compatibility, between the Apple system and the Porsche set up. Even though it can have have Apple car play. Realy...
Are you connecting via bluetooth or cable? In my Kia (no Apple Play) I connect my iPhone through bluetooth and the system just sees another media device and the phone is in control of what I play, therefore if I've stopped the car, turned ignition etc it is paused automatically and when the ignition is switched back on and the phone connects to the car it carries playing from where it stopped. I know if I plug the phone into the car with the cable it tries to control it more and I have lots of problems so never do that. I'm still able to change tracks, volume e.t.c on the steering controls, I just can't change playlists and select albums and songs directly through the car's touch screen.

This is probably no help, but I am unsure how functions through the PCM are different depending whether you connect via bluetooth or cable. Might be worth trying both.
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019