PCM in Privacy Mode Problem

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I had this problem when I was playing with all the settings on the car a couple of years ago. I put the car in privacy mode.

Off the top of my head this is in the multi function display and NOT in the PCM. It’s a setting off one of the menus and remove the tick out the box.

Hope this helps.

CD411C3C-A3C9-439D-BAD8-F8AFE955A219.jpeg

GTS 😀

MrsB

Post by MrsB »

Hi Kasfranks99, you are correct thanks. I looked in the multi functional display under settings, & yes it was ticked under privacy settings. I unticked it & thought woopee that'll be it fixed, but alas the app has not changed & is still showing in privacy mode.
I didn't realise that there are the two different areas in the car for privacy, god knows why but unfortunately it has not fixed the problem.
I had another go at deleting all the cookies on my phone which seemed to work, re-installed the car connect app & it still knows who I am & is in privacy mode.....
Howie243

Post by Howie243 »

Hi all, new to Forum as my wife just picked up her new Macan Turbo yesterday. Had the same issue of the ‘Privacy mode has been activated in the vehicle’ message come up on the phone. The salesman posted me a video this morning showing where to ‘unclick’ on the PCM - which was already unticked and thought a visit to their dealer was on the cards! Having read ‘Kasfranks99’ post above I gave it a go and hey presto all is working.
Thanks for the tip.