PCM in Privacy Mode Problem

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
MrsB

Post by MrsB »

Hi
Been browsing here for a while, but this is my first post so be gentle please!
I am on my 3rd Macan, just had this new one since 1st March.
The PCM along with the App is driving me insane. The app says privacy mode is activated in the car,
the car is showing that it is not activated. The car has been back to the dealer 5 times, & I am still unable
to use the app as it won't let me in.
Both the dealer & I have been onto (many times) to Vodafone Telematics & Porsche
help in Germany.
Both blame the other for it not working, meantime it is still ****** & not working!

Has anyone else had this problem & know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Davidone

Post by Davidone »

MrsB
Had a similar problem on my first Macan.
The solution for me was to close/delete the account and setup a new one.Did this whilst on the phone with Vodofone,I think,eas over three years ago now.
Hope this helps
MrsB

Post by MrsB »

Thanks Davidone, I did try that, but it didn't work. I even tried a different email address but it still seems to know who I am! Not sure if it's a cookies problem on my phone, & whether I have not deleted them as well as I should have.
wilko

Post by wilko »

In my cayenne, with the same pcm as the new macan, the dealer had to disconnect the battery and reconnect it.
Is your pcm saying that you need to do a remote access authorisation, but the option is greyed out in the pcm? If so battery disconnect will sort it.
macan gts (current)
Cayenne (gone)
Macan turbo (stolen))
991.1s (gone)
997.2 (gone)
Golf 8 gti club sport (current)
Golf 7 R (stolen)
Golf 7 R
MrsB

Post by MrsB »

Hi wilco
I've had a look & can't find anything showing that states a remote access authorisation is required, greyed out or not. Relayed your advice to dealer, he is away to speak to the workshop.
The fact that the dealer is 70 miles away is a real pain, I may just go to the local one & see if they are any better at sorting it out.
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

I had a problem once when my app couldn't locate my car. It was stopping the transmission sort of half way through - ie connecting to Vodafone but but not onwards to the car. Whilst not directly related to the privacy mode issue (especially if your car is showing it as disabled), I took mine back to the service center and they had to reboot the entire system and clear some faults. There is some piece of kit Porsche installs to make it compatible with Vodafone Telemetrics. That is why you are getting bounced. Vodafone is actually correct - it is Porsche's issue. My service guys did reboot it and it worked but they were saying that if it broke down again they would have had to replace the whole module.

The upshot...in my situation it was a software issue but it can escalate to a hardware problem. I hope, maybe, that helps!
wilko

Post by wilko »

I e just checked the good to know app for the latest macan and if you go to navigation and connectivity, porsche connect, and then scroll to the bottom, there’s a section on changing porsche connect settings, one of which is remote access authorisations.
macan gts (current)
Cayenne (gone)
Macan turbo (stolen))
991.1s (gone)
997.2 (gone)
Golf 8 gti club sport (current)
Golf 7 R (stolen)
Golf 7 R
MrsB

Post by MrsB »

I see that on the good to know app re private mode. However when I go into the PCM, set, Porsche Connect, privacy mode,, activating privacy settings/Deactivating privacy settings, that last bit about deactivating settings does not show, only the activating it. I did tick the box in the car to activate it, then ticked it again to deactivate it, but that didn't help. The problem seems to be the app & not the car.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Is your issue with the Car Connect or the Connect app? For the connect app, have you connected the phone on which the app is to the in-car wifi? On my new Macan np issues with Car connect app but for Connect app that was the issue, and connecting the phone to the wifi allowed the car to see the destinations etc I had entered in the Connect app. I was not expecting this as previously the BMW apps in that make connections all the time by phone data signal.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
MrsB

Post by MrsB »

Hi pmg
It is the Car Connect App that shows the car is in privacy mode when it isn't.
The connect app seems fine, it is showing the correct car with my name, email address & pairing code all ok. When in this app & you click on the myCar it has a tab to connect to the car connect app. There it shows privacy mode activated in the car so I can do nothing in the app.