AdBlue & Engine Control Faults

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

It’s not so much the fuel....but the length of the runs! Stop using these cars for the school run or the once a week run to Tesco / sorry Waitrose and they will be fine!

Cars NEED to be used!!!
Silver Macan SD (Daily)
Italian Racing Red Jaguar FType 5.0 V8 convertible (sunny day fun)
Red/Black Ariel Atom 3 300 (Very sunny day fun)
Silver/Red Mini Coupe JCW (4 curbed alloys - hers!)
Silver Suzuki Jimny (go everywhere fun!)

TigerMac!

Post by TigerMac! »

Yes the garage mentioned the previous owners hadn't driven this enough (school runs only as its very very low milage), hence some of the issues. I now do long motorway runs and preparing to run allover europe when allowed as my work needs me to. Hopefully will be racking up quality daily milage and enjoying it in the process. Shopping!!! what's that.... :D , luckily have the step blades on the sides, no more ppl whacking their doors into it in car parks.

was thinking of switching the wheels and tyres to 20/295/40's rear and 20/255/45s on front, with Y rating 185mph rubber. Never take this off road... therefore make it even more road focussed, currently sitting on 19inch 255's, it has air ride and torque vectoring , do you feel this will improve the ride and handling or ruin it? Currently like the cushion it gives over road bumps.
TigerMac!

Post by TigerMac! »

Can someone help please! I now have major issues: All yellow warning lights have come up as follows on Macan S:

1. Parking break failure
2. Abs failure
3. ESP failure
4. Four Wheel Drive Failure
5. And also when ignition on....there’s a loud mechanical clicking sound under the grear box and the most bizarre the steering wheel judders left and right on its own while parked with ignition on. Never seen anything like this, like the car is possessed .

There’s some serious malfunction with the sensors or computer system in this car.

Iam now getting concerned as I have spent a lot on this already.

Is there any advise please.

Really appreciate your help.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

If you have access to a C-Tek charger (or similar), put the car on charge for 24hrs. Sometimes low battery voltage can cause various system malfunctions.

The juddering steering wheel could well be the immobiliser cutting in and out so the steering wheel locks and unlocks.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
TigerMac!

Post by TigerMac! »

Thanks for the advise On-Track. Found the issue.... its the rear ABS sensor, apparently if it's faulty it drives the ECU module mad and all the warning messages fire up. it also prevents the stability system from turning off. Cannot believe that a single sensor could cause all this. Also the knocking sound from the gear stick was the break pedal link switch that releases the shifter to change modes, faulty ABS sensor made it go crazy and it kept locking on and off. Crazy ECU also caused the electronic steering wheel to rotate by itself.
Car went absolutely nuts , all because of a faulty rear ABS sensor. God I am learning the sensors on Macan are very sensitive. New sensor cost me £28.00 plus £100.00 labour.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Glad you found the fault. If I remember correctly someone had a similar problem some years ago.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
happy days

Post by happy days »

Dreaded Check Engine message appeared for Mrs H yesterday. I took it to the local Indie to book in for a diagnosis on Monday but when I came out, the message had changed to the AdBlue - no start in 650 miles warning. Looks like it's going to be an expensive week. Mind you, it is fast approaching 120k miles...
Macan S D
718 S