These Warning lights suddenly came

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
MikeM

Re: These Warning lights suddenly came

Post by MikeM » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:57 pm

Switch it off......☝🏻✌🏼🤟🏼🤞🏼Switch it on again. 😉
2008. Boxster S Sport: basalt black, black interior (sold)
2012. 991 S: aqua blue, platinum interior (sold)
2016. Macan Turbo: volcano grey, agate and pebble interior (current) http://www.porsche-code.com/PHKPBML4

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:18 pm

MikeM wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:57 pm
Switch it off......☝🏻✌🏼🤟🏼🤞🏼Switch it on again. 😉
In the olden days “cntrl, alt, delete,” was always a good first call...😂
1st Sapphire Blue SD
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1986

Current Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296

charlieM

Post by charlieM » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:30 pm

Happened to my Macan S diesel 2016 last night. All going fine then as I slowed down at a junction a whole range of warning lights came on one after another starting with rear offside tyre warning then rear suspension failure, then system failure, engine fault etc etc. All yellow and saying report to dealer. Stopped car and applying general computer logic turned off engine and restarted, just like my office PC. That did the trick, no problems thereafter on my short trip home. Interesting thing was the engine note and feel of the car didn't change at all during the episode, so it has to be an electronic issue temporary software glitch. If it happens again I'll take it in to Porsche and get a software refresh unless they have other advice. Ironically and disappointingly just out of warranty after 3 years trouble free jetting about.

davewf

Post by davewf » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:17 am

Make sure you video the incident , obviously not while driving but when all the lights are on and you stop.

I picked up the other day whilst at the OPC getting an issue where my surround camera view disappears randomly that Porsche are a pain re warranty claims and want evidence of any issue, luckily I had taken photos so didn't have an issue.

As a result they updated my software, what get's me is that the dealer has to order the software in order to do the update.

Porsche had better get their act together for the all electric cars because these tend to get regular over air updates (Tesla and Jaguar) as the manufacturers fine tune the battery algorithms and features.

I am planning on an electric car next but am dubious re VAG's ability to embrace the concept of regular software updates.

TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:50 am

davewf wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:17 am
Make sure you video the incident , obviously not while driving but when all the lights are on and you stop.

I picked up the other day whilst at the OPC getting an issue where my surround camera view disappears randomly that Porsche are a pain re warranty claims and want evidence of any issue, luckily I had taken photos so didn't have an issue.

As a result they updated my software, what get's me is that the dealer has to order the software in order to do the update.

Porsche had better get their act together for the all electric cars because these tend to get regular over air updates (Tesla and Jaguar) as the manufacturers fine tune the battery algorithms and features.

I am planning on an electric car next but am dubious re VAG's ability to embrace the concept of regular software updates.
I've had the same story from the OPC. Stating that they need to see evicence of the fault before investigating it. Me being me, said, are you saying you don't believe what I'm telling you. No, no, no was the reply. It's just that Porsceh need to have evidence of the fault, before they will authorise investigations. Just checking I said. :roll:

charlieM

Post by charlieM » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Good advice, I'll video it as it just happened again. This time the engine off and restart only worked for about a minute. Am calling Porsche to investigate.

Return to “Issues & Technical”