Post by MikeM »

Switch it off......โ˜๐ŸปโœŒ๐Ÿผ๐ŸคŸ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿคž๐ŸผSwitch it on again. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Previous Porscheโ€™s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6

Paul

Post by Paul »

MikeM wrote: โ†‘Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:57 pm Switch it off......โ˜๐ŸปโœŒ๐Ÿผ๐ŸคŸ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿคž๐ŸผSwitch it on again. ๐Ÿ˜‰
In the olden days โ€œcntrl, alt, delete,โ€ was always a good first call...๐Ÿ˜‚
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
charlieM

Post by charlieM »

Happened to my Macan S diesel 2016 last night. All going fine then as I slowed down at a junction a whole range of warning lights came on one after another starting with rear offside tyre warning then rear suspension failure, then system failure, engine fault etc etc. All yellow and saying report to dealer. Stopped car and applying general computer logic turned off engine and restarted, just like my office PC. That did the trick, no problems thereafter on my short trip home. Interesting thing was the engine note and feel of the car didn't change at all during the episode, so it has to be an electronic issue temporary software glitch. If it happens again I'll take it in to Porsche and get a software refresh unless they have other advice. Ironically and disappointingly just out of warranty after 3 years trouble free jetting about.
davewf

Post by davewf »

Make sure you video the incident , obviously not while driving but when all the lights are on and you stop.

I picked up the other day whilst at the OPC getting an issue where my surround camera view disappears randomly that Porsche are a pain re warranty claims and want evidence of any issue, luckily I had taken photos so didn't have an issue.

As a result they updated my software, what get's me is that the dealer has to order the software in order to do the update.

Porsche had better get their act together for the all electric cars because these tend to get regular over air updates (Tesla and Jaguar) as the manufacturers fine tune the battery algorithms and features.

I am planning on an electric car next but am dubious re VAG's ability to embrace the concept of regular software updates.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

davewf wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:17 am Make sure you video the incident , obviously not while driving but when all the lights are on and you stop.

I picked up the other day whilst at the OPC getting an issue where my surround camera view disappears randomly that Porsche are a pain re warranty claims and want evidence of any issue, luckily I had taken photos so didn't have an issue.

As a result they updated my software, what get's me is that the dealer has to order the software in order to do the update.

Porsche had better get their act together for the all electric cars because these tend to get regular over air updates (Tesla and Jaguar) as the manufacturers fine tune the battery algorithms and features.

I am planning on an electric car next but am dubious re VAG's ability to embrace the concept of regular software updates.
I've had the same story from the OPC. Stating that they need to see evicence of the fault before investigating it. Me being me, said, are you saying you don't believe what I'm telling you. No, no, no was the reply. It's just that Porsceh need to have evidence of the fault, before they will authorise investigations. Just checking I said. :roll:
charlieM

Post by charlieM »

Good advice, I'll video it as it just happened again. This time the engine off and restart only worked for about a minute. Am calling Porsche to investigate.
jaitch

Post by jaitch »

I have now experienced these multiple warning lights. Macan is 2.0, 2015 with 22k miles. Can drive around 50 metres before initial red fault message says "gearbox failure pull over safely" and car looses drive. Do an on/off and then get all the other warnings:- ABS, PASM, suspension, park, ecu malfunction (sometimes), no 4WD rear drive only. All these messages end with "possible to drive" (or something like that) or "adaptive driving permitted". Car will drive in rear wheel mode only etc. I code read and got an ABS sensor fault. Replaced that and it made no difference - no sure if the generic sensor was at issue. Charged battery up and surprisingly next day all is good - no messages and drives fine on quick test drive. Replaced battery anyway as a precaution. Think I have fixed it and then it shows faults and symptoms again. Code reads ABS sensor again. Have ordered a genuine Porsche ABS sensor to eliminate that as an issue.

Vid of faults as they first appeared to a startled partner after a 10 mile drive. (Faults now appear immediately as mentioned above}:

So main question is what is likely cause as I see no conclusion to the original question or from those who had similar issues?

Thanks

James
2015 Macan 2.0 Sapphire
Tesla S P90DL
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

Likely cause remains the 12v battery condition or specification. This is a common failure point for many (most?) modern cars and worth a full test before moving onto looking at more complex possibilities.

hth
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

What voltage does the car report for the battery when a) not running and b) running? Maybe there is an alternator issue as well?
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
jaitch

Post by jaitch »

Connoisseur wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:23 am Likely cause remains the 12v battery condition or specification. This is a common failure point for many (most?) modern cars and worth a full test before moving onto looking at more complex possibilities.

hth
Replacement battery was same manufacturer (Varta) and spec as original. It didn't come from Porsche though as they wanted ยฃ360!
CharlesElliott wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:38 pm What voltage does the car report for the battery when a) not running and b) running? Maybe there is an alternator issue as well?
Ignition on/engine off voltage with new battery is showing 12.2 volts. Is charging at 14.2 volts when idling. I did suspect an alternator at one point but all seems visually in spec from the dash voltage indication.

I am still waiting on the Porsche ABS sensor so we shall see. Which amazingly is only ยฃ28. I will definitely report back one way or the other.

James
2015 Macan 2.0 Sapphire
Tesla S P90DL