Red Airbag Warning Light on Dash

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
pspatel

Post by pspatel »

Hi there,
I have a 2019 Macan.
Two days after picking up my brand new car there was a Red Airbag Warning light appearing on my dash, constantly there and not going away.
The Porsche AA technicians have been out three times to clear the warning light but it eventually can back.
It’s been back to the Porsche dealership once already only for the light to come back just over a week later and it’s currently at the Porsche dealership for the second time.
The car is not even 3 months old.
Anyone know of any known issues for the new model or had anything similar happen.
Assume I just have to wait until Porsche hopefully eventually manage to fix it?
Thanks.

Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

Your issue here may be something that’s so new they’ve not seen the problem before - perhaps with new software or updated wiring to the previous model.
Hope you get a quick solution.
Fun ICE car - TBC...I’m working on it!!
Daily Grunt - 2020 Peugeot e208 GT
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
Volcano Grey, Air, 21” Turbos, Pan Roof, Carbon Interior and a few more luxuries...
pspatel

Post by pspatel »

Scottchp wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:09 am Your issue here may be something that’s so new they’ve not seen the problem before - perhaps with new software or updated wiring to the previous model.
Hope you get a quick solution.
Thanks. Would be nice to get sorted ASAP so that I can enjoy the car.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

It is not a fault I have experienced nor can I remember any forum member posting about it.

Good luck getting it sorted
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
pspatel

Post by pspatel »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:36 pm Welcome.

It is not a fault I have experienced nor can I remember any forum member posting about it.

Good luck getting it sorted
Thanks. Fingers crossed it’s soon.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Mine has this issue, literally on the way home from the OPC after collection today. Airbag red warning light is permanently on.
Macan S MY 2023