Unacceptable customer service

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
bloosoo

Post by bloosoo »

Having just had a very poor experience of Reading OPC service. Has anyone got anything good or bad to say about Portsmouth? It's a bit out of area but prepared to travel for some decent customer service. Will not use guildford as they stripped the paint of hubby's car twice.
Macan GTS Aetna Blue (March 2023)

Macan GTS Riviera Blue (Nov 2017) sold

GT3 Crayon (Nov 2022)

tigertrout

Post by tigertrout »

I have had several bad experiences at Reading opc .
I now use Porsche swindon very good service so far and very fair pricing.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

How about Brooklands (Weybridge?). They only do service and used and tend to be a lot more focussed on service customers than those showrooms that seem to dedicate 80% of their space and time to new car sales.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
GWL

Post by GWL »

As the new owner of a pre-owned Macan Turbo, it's quite interesting to read the comments here - especially as Reading is my nearest OPC !

I was going to suggest Brooklands purely on the basis that 1) it is probably within acceptable distance from OP (bloosoo) and 2) it was recommended to me by the dealer I bought my Macan from.

However, Porsche Swindon has also been recommended to me by a colleague who owns a 911 and has used them a few times.

At least I now know to avoid Porsche Reading !
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Portsmouth were very good with delivery of mine 3 years ago. They were quite a new dealership. People do move on and the sales people I dealt with have as well but there is a nice vib about the place, even 6 months ago when I last visited.
GTS \o/ - sold :(
VanB

Post by VanB »

Lots of members on here have recommended Swindon and that is likely where I will take my 911 for its service as it's not too far away whilst Reading is on my doorstep. I cant fault the buying experience I had at Reading but too many people have a bad experience with service
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
bloosoo

Post by bloosoo »

Thanks everyone. It's good to ask these questions. Looks like I might have a look at Swindon. Little run down the M4 but that's always fun. Feeling very disappointed with reading. Bought 4 cars from them always a good experience from start to finish but service side is another matter. Especially when they cause some damage and then dispute it. I note somewhere else on here exactly the same experience with exactly the same person involved.
Macan GTS Aetna Blue (March 2023)

Macan GTS Riviera Blue (Nov 2017) sold

GT3 Crayon (Nov 2022)