Newish Owner - Water leaking into passenger foot well

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

jbravo970 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:57 am @NN

very interesting. it is parked regularly under trees at my wife's work and it was annoyingly covered in sap a while ago to prove it.

in fact, now you mention it i've had dig out loads of leaf debris from our bmw from those very areas when she was using that for work.

i will check that now too.

in the mean time it's a 2016 Macan S Diesel on 31k and it's still under the used car warranty.
So the filter should have been replaced at the 20k/2yr service........
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

jbravo970

Post by jbravo970 »

Morning all

just to report back on the water leak.

after a few days investigation at Porsche Main Dealer is was diagnosed as a sunroof misalignment which was allowing water into the car and presumably too much for the drain holes to cope with so it backed up into the car itself. in the end they had to take out the front seats and carpets to dry it out and replace any components that may have water damage or corrosion. costly for them but under used car warrently for me.

interestingly a front head lamp bulb blew whilst it was in their care so i had to pay £20 for that. they said it had already blown but presumably there's a warning indicator for this which we had not noticed and i can't believe we would not of noticed before leaving the car with them. i did not dispute it in the end. it was good service overall and we had a brand new Macan Petrol as the loan car.

they checked the brakes for the squeal i had reported and diagnosed it as partly worn front disks which leaves a small ridge around the outer edge which in combination with the smaller brake pad travel ie the pads rest closer to the disk surface when not applied were causing the squeal at low speeds. tbh, this could all be bullshit but i'm inclined to believe some of it as they didn't try and push new disks and pads on me as they had loads of life left in them so i had offset the occasion squeal against £££s of new front brakes.