Macan Gen 2 PCM questions/feedback

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
JJW023

Post by JJW023 »

I just wondered if anyone could help and confirm on some of the below questions, so that I can ascertain whether I am simply not aware of settings, if there are problems or if they are just system limitations?

I have a 2019 Gen 2 Macan S

-Does/should the media volume quieten when reversing or when parking sensors turn on to enable sensor beeps to be heard? Is this a setting? Mine currently does not, but most cars I would say this does happen.
-When listening to Bluetooth music can you scroll through tracks or select via the steering controls apart from if diamond key is set to next media track? Mine appears not to.

CarPlay
-Can you initiate a phone call on car play from the steering wheel controls. Mine you cannot, only via the main central screen.
-With car play can you scroll through tracks etc with the steering controls on car play. Mine you cannot.
-If you have the steering diamond key set to next media track, on car play play does this still select next track? My key does not do anything on car play only on Bluetooth streaming.

-Are you able to access the manual on the PCM? Mine says needs installing. Should OPC have installed this or something?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
John
2019 Macan S, Volcano Grey

N111BJG

Post by N111BJG »

The lack of feedback should tell that I’m not the only one that’s feels that PCM operation requires a working knowledge of witchcraft.
After 3 months & 4,000 miles I still can’t do the same thing reliably twice in a row.
And why call the two apps Connect & Car Connect & give them both the same logo. I still don’t know what I achieve by linking the phone, or why it doesn’t happen automatically.
& don’t start me on CarPlay
I’ll go & lie down now
2023 Macan S in Copper Ruby Metallic
2022 Mini Cooper Exclusive Convertible (Hers)
2022 BMW R1250GS
2016 991.2 C4S Cabriolet in Miami Blue
2019 Macan S (Sold)
2015 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster (Sold)
2005 997.1 C2S Cabriolet (sold)
JJW023

Post by JJW023 »

Haha thanks anyway N111BjG...

Would you say you have similar experience on the points I raised? In particular the fact media sound doesn’t go quiet when parking sensors come on seems strange and makes me think that is a problem with my car.

Ultimately of course I can live with everything PCM wise if that’s just the way it is, it’s not main reason I bought the car, but if they are faults on my particular car it would be good to know.

I agree the naming, logo etc for connect and car connect are are just bizarre, but they are limited in their apparent functionality anyway so rarely use them.

Linking phone I agree seems to achieve little.. and car play as a product I generally like but in macan it’s simply awkward, badly integrated and ultimately it is redundant in the main as the Porsche/Bluetooth just works better on its own.

Having said that I do think the Porsche sat nav, Bluetooth streaming, screen in general are all very good to be honest.
2019 Macan S, Volcano Grey
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

I have found the PCM setup quite confusing too.

I do use the Connect App (not Car Connect) and leave it running on my iPhone all the time; when I get in the car it will (eventually) connect to the car on it's own. I use it for Amazon Music, when the app is linked to the car I can see the App on my PCM.

However, and this is quite annoying, even with the diamond button set to 'skip track' it doesn't do anything. I assumed that if I was actually using the iPhone as an iPod and playing the tracks directly then the skip button would probably work but I haven't tried it. So I have to use the screen to skip tracks. I have configured the home screen so I can see the music that is playing and the skip buttons and moved them to the bottom of the screen because trying to find the right place when it was in the middle was impossible while driving.

I haven no idea if the music quietens when reversing, I haven't noticed it doing that and haven't seen any settings in the PCM when I've been mooching around.

I can't help with the other stuff as I've not tried it. If I make a phone call I either use the voice recognition command or the screen.
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019