Air Suspension - is this a fault?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
pmg

Post by pmg »

Rarecolour wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:03 am
dangezza wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:42 am
bbpxbbpx wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:33 am Didn't realise that 2019 model isn't affected by the transfer box issue. Is that confirmed?

I read somewhere that the updated transfer box was fitted from sometime in 2018 onwards and haven't seen any reports of people with 2019+ models having the issue. I could be wrong.
I didn't realise the transfer box was updated, I thought I'd read that the new cars have the remote breather located in a better place (higher up to stop water ingress).
One wonders whether the new breather is higher than the quoted wading depths for the vehicle?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Some would say an update could include relocation of the breather but I’d read different bolts and a different type of lubrication between the clutch plates. As I said though, I could be wrong. It’s just that I haven’t heard of anyone with transfer box problems in 2019 onwards models, hence I don’t think the issue I have informed the OPC about will come to anything, especially as it’s so intermittent and subtle.
I have been told to expect a progress report tomorrow so will update if they do find anything with the transfer box (or the air suspension as per my initial thread post).