Jolt between 2nd & 1st

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

Has anyone encountered a kind of jolt when coming to a holt when the pdk changes from 2nd to 1st gear. It is as though the car stops and then jerks forward ? I am dropping into my OPC today for them to test drive with a view to booking in, but would be nice to know if this is a common fault and what the subsequent remedy is ?

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

They may do a PDK reset, which you can do yourself too, or worst case scenario, detect early stages of transfer box failure. When mine came back from having its 111 point check prior to extending the warranty the gear changes were much smoother, especially at low speed. I believe the PDK reset is performed automatically when they connect the car to their diagnostic equipment.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
robbie

Post by robbie »

I also experienced a jolt coming to a halt on an exit slip road after an 80m motorway drive but also my reversing camera came on (as if I had selected reverse!) Called my OPC who thought it might have been a software glitch and if it happened again to take the car in, not happened again as yet so I continue to wait and see...…………..
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018