Extended warranty claims

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Yes, the extended warranty can be a tricky one of it's deemed cosmetic.

I managed to break off the drivers side electric window switch and had it fixed 2 weeks before my original warranty ended.

I'd purchased an extra 2 year extended after year 1 that was about to kick in. I'm keeping the car for another 2 years
and as I'd already had a transfer box replacement I considered that prudent.

I hadn't read the extended warranty bumf in any detail (my bad) and didn't realise that there was no cover at all for trim in it, only mechanicals.
At least the OPC were helpful and found me a service slot to fix the window while I was still covered.

BigPhil.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6

jock1957

Post by jock1957 »

This is the reply I got from the ombudsman it cannot be any clearer, please this was just a warning what happened to me if you buy a warranty from Porsche

Porsche refuse claim they say go to ombudsman as in their literature on there warranty docs, ombudsman explain below there reason
end of story. I will not go any further than that these are the true facts.

Thank you for contacting The Motor Ombudsman.

Having reviewed the documents you sent to us, it appears that Real Garant is the insurer of your warranty, and it is stated on the final page that you can refer to the Financial Ombusman Service if you have a complaint that you cannot resolve with Porsche.

Real Garant is not accredited to our Vehicle Warranty Products Code, and therefore it is not within our remit to handle your complaint.

We are sorry that we cannot help you on this occasion, however please contact us in the future should you have any further complaints with one of our accredited businesses.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Team
The Motor Ombudsman Limited
www.themotorombudsman.org

Registered Office: 71 Great Peter Street, London, SW1P 2BN
Registered no 06517394 England. VAT no GB 931 9743 04
Guy

Post by Guy »

My Porsche 2-year extended warranty, purchased last year at Wolverhampton OPC, is underwritten by 'Allianz Versicherungs-Aktiengesellschaft'.

Where in your policy does it refer to 'Real Garant'?
jock1957

Post by jock1957 »

Hi Guy

This Real Garant copy was sent to me by Porsche Customer service advisor I bet yours is not covered as well. I would phone the Motor Ombudsman
to check, my guess is all the German insurers will not be covered by the UK ombudsman, Don't have a clue how they use different German insurance
company's to underwrite these policy's.

Strange how they don't use UK insurance underwriters. (MAYBE ITS TO AVOID UK OMBUDSMAN).

I can confirm the Porsche Approved Warranty Policy is underwritten by the Insurer, which is Real Garant Versicherung AG.

If you require any further information please let me know

As I said there is no way to contact Germany Customer services and explain bad build quality issue from the factory they refer your letter straight back to the UK where you first started. A roof rail fitted at the factory should last a lifetime on a car not a potential leak in 4 years of use, as I said this is not the first time this has happened they know about it but will not repair it, they say it could be caused with a high temp washer spray which is bull, why did the passenger side not suffer the same fate. Just terrible customer service and pure money grabbers.
Guy

Post by Guy »

So have you tried approaching the 'Financial Ombudsman' (as suggested in your warranty) rather than the Motor Ombudsman?
jock1957

Post by jock1957 »

Hi Guy

I never gave that a thought when Porsche was pushing me towards the Motor Ombudsman as on there warranty documents. I will try and contact them to see if they can help

Thanks again for your thoughts and ideas

Jock