Cracked Door Handles

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

I’ve finally got a reply from the dealer, the feedback they’ve had from Porsche is that the cracked door handles on my 2019 Macan, whilst not common, is not a unique problem either. Parts on order & they’ll replace both. Let’s hope the paint shop does a good job. Looking forward to a wander round the showroom and hopefully a test drive in a Macan Turbo.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed

Paul

Post by Paul »

👍
Good result, and useful information for others who may have the same issue.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
peter7

Post by peter7 »

Alfanut wrote:I’ve finally got a reply from the dealer, the feedback they’ve had from Porsche is that the cracked door handles on my 2019 Macan, whilst not common, is not a unique problem either. Parts on order & they’ll replace both. Let’s hope the paint shop does a good job. Looking forward to a wander round the showroom and hopefully a test drive in a Macan Turbo.
How did you get on ?
Mines been in for the replacements.... they look fine paint wise , but they did a software update after fitting them and it seemed to confuse everything , they had the car for one and a half days , when I picked it up the drivers handle was not fitting correctly so it has to go back again .... the saga continues ....
I’ll update again once it’s sorted .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Macan S Agate grey 2014 one of the original press cars
keith.brock

Post by keith.brock »

Hi all

I have just spotted all 4 of my handles on our new model 68 plate Macan - images look identical to those posted here

As you would expect my dealer in UK has said never seen or heard of this before - maybe? but it was re-assuring to read about it on here - thank you

keith

PS unfortunately I was unable to load the pics on here
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

keith.brock wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:53 pm Hi all

I have just spotted all 4 of my handles on our new model 68 plate Macan - images look identical to those posted here

As you would expect my dealer in UK has said never seen or heard of this before - maybe? but it was re-assuring to read about it on here - thank you

keith

The dealer may not have experienced this, but the warrantee dept at Porsche UK have. My dealer agreed to replace mine without even seeing the car after they spoke to Porsche UK.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
keith.brock

Post by keith.brock »

Thanks for feedback

K
peter7

Post by peter7 »

Alfanut wrote:
keith.brock wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:53 pm Hi all

keith

The dealer may not have experienced this, but the warrantee dept at Porsche UK have. My dealer agreed to replace mine without even seeing the car after they spoke to Porsche UK.
Amazing there is still an issue on a 68 reg car , mines a 14 with uk miles .. and still covered by warranty

bbpxbbpx

Post by bbpxbbpx »

I had three of them replaced under warranty in 2018. Also discussed in the US forum. Scrolling to the bottom of that, you will find a bulletin on that issue.

https://www.macanforum.com/threads/crack-in-door-handle.160793/
Ben

2019 Macan S Night Blue
1995 993 C2 Midnight Blue
2015 Macan S Agate Grey - SOLD
peter7

Post by peter7 »

peter7 wrote:
Alfanut wrote:I’ve finally got a reply from the dealer, the feedback they’ve had from Porsche is that the cracked door handles on my 2019 Macan, whilst not common, is not a unique problem either. Parts on order & they’ll replace both. Let’s hope the paint shop does a good job. Looking forward to a wander round the showroom and hopefully a test drive in a Macan Turbo.
How did you get on ?
Mines been in for the replacements.... they look fine paint wise , but they did a software update after fitting them and it seemed to confuse everything , they had the car for one and a half days , when I picked it up the drivers handle was not fitting correctly so it has to go back again .... the saga continues ....
I’ll update again once it’s sorted .

Finally all sorted ( under warranty) drivers lock mechanism had to be replaced , it had to be made for my car as it was lock / key specific . So came from Germany and took a little time . I’m glad the warranty covered it !
Well done Brooklands Porsche !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salty

Post by Salty »

My Macan has just been in to the OPC in Newcastle to have the drivers door handle replaced under warranty. They had a look at it when the car was in for service and agreed to change it without any problem. Looks as good as new now but then my wife noticed that the two rear door handles also have small cracks appearing and it look like they will be replaced under warranty also.

79F0E582-65A6-4B93-93D0-4513C69A8C08.jpeg

BDCEEAC7-CFDC-4152-81F6-C72919F93A4E.jpeg

987 Boxster S (sold
987 Boxster S (sold)
White Macan S Petrol, (sold)
Rhodium Silver metallic Macan GTS (sold)
Aqua Blue 981 Boxster S (sold)
Midnight Blue 718 Boxster GTS (sold)
GT metallic silver 911 992 Carrera S (sold)
Carmine Red Boxster 981 GTS