heated seats

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

My heated seats only work when they feel like it which is usually not when you need them. 'A loose connection' was the fault when I had it in a year ago and they didn't make a good job of reconnecting it.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

adam b

Post by adam b »

Rab J wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:15 am The travesty of the whole situation is that a company like Porsche would even sell an expensive leather seated car without heating being standard. I suppose they were last to the party with standard satnav so shouldn't be surprised. Heated seats are standard on cars costing a quarter of the price. I would imagine the car doesnt have them because the original owner assumed they would be standard and the SE was inept enough not to point this out. Poor all round.
Porsche don't include them so they can make another £300-400 on almost every car they make (its a popular option), they and other high end car companies do they same thing. It's the standard MO

For a laugh I compared the top of the range £20k Ford Fiesta vs my £80k Macan turbo

stuff Fiesta has that Porsche charge for:

premium hifi - B&O /Burmester
pano roof
heated seats
heated wheel
rear view camera
keyless go
LCA
adaptive cruise
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)