heated seats

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Kennst4s

Post by Kennst4s »

Hi all.
Has anyone any experience of fitting heated seats to a Macan2.I,m aware there are aftermarket kits but I'm after an original look using the standard switches.
Ive seen a car I'm interested in but it doesn't have them, and I'm quite used to them now !
Thanks
Kenn

rossman999

Post by rossman999 »

As its a macan 2 it will still be under warranty - fitting non porsche parts will invalidate the warranty.

retrofitting OEM porsche I bet will be expensive as I expect you will at a minimum have to replace the entire seats and probably easier finding another car unfortunately
Tesla 3LR
Macan SD gone :-(
997 C4S gone :-(
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Easiest option would be to buy a car with heated seats.

I would think the majority will have heated seats so not too difficult to find one.

Good luck.
howardsheldon

Post by howardsheldon »

My dealer messed up the order on my car, he said that it would cost £5k to retro fit and they wouldn't do that, so they re-ordered a new car for me..

Hope the info helps..
Macan S 2019
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

ScotMac wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:12 am Easiest option would be to buy a car with heated seats.

I would think the majority will have heated seats so not too difficult to find one.

Good luck.
+1. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Buy another car or find a crashed one being dismantled with heated seats. That second option only solves part of the problem as it will be very hard to find then it’s back to option one as being the only viable plan.

Or fill a hot water bottle and take with you on the cold days. I jest though as i would never buy a car with leather without heated seats.
Kennst4s

Post by Kennst4s »

Thanks for all replies.
Have had the car ,Turbo 2 for over a month now and found I can live happily without them!!

!
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

MCDK wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:46 am

Or fill a hot water bottle and take with you on the cold days. I jest though as i would never buy a car with leather without heated seats.
The travesty of the whole situation is that a company like Porsche would even sell an expensive leather seated car without heating being standard. I suppose they were last to the party with standard satnav so shouldn't be surprised. Heated seats are standard on cars costing a quarter of the price. I would imagine the car doesnt have them because the origional owner assumed they would be standard and the SE was inept enough not to point this out. Poor all round.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Kennst4s wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:49 am Thanks for all replies.
Have had the car ,Turbo 2 for over a month now and found I can live happily without them!!
Good to hear! :) Congrats, and enjoy!
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Rab J wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:15 am
MCDK wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:46 am

The travesty of the whole situation is that a company like Porsche would even sell an expensive leather seated car without heating being standard. I suppose they were last to the party with standard satnav so shouldn't be surprised. Heated seats are standard on cars costing a quarter of the price. I would imagine the car doesnt have them because the origional owner assumed they would be standard and the SE was inept enough not to point this out. Poor all round.

Totally correct. Many cars with cloth seats have heated as standard now. My wife’s new M135i has heated cloth seats as did her previous Golf GTI