iCarsoft POR V2.0 (BMS and PDF)

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
ankacc

Post by ankacc »

I have read discussions in various forums about what the iCarsoft POR V2.0 device is able to do on a Macan and what not. I can provide concrete answers to two points:

1) BMS (Battery Management System): registration of a new battery. In the delivery state of the iCarsoft device, BMS did not work on my Macan S (Diesel, 2014). After the German vendor played dumb, I wrote directly to the manufacturer in the US. After more than a month of email exchange and five software versions I had to test, the latest version (11.23) finally worked. Important in this context: the device must be operated in English language! If the menu is changed to other languages (e.g. German), BMS does not work.

2) DPF (diesel particle filter) regeneration. Original language of the manufacturer: "I'm sorry to tell you that POR V2.0 can't support DPF on Macan yet. We are still working on it."

I hope that this will help all those who are interested in this device. If you have other, additional or contradictory experiences with the iCaroft POR V2.0 device, please feel free to add to this thread.

Cheers from Austria,
Andi