Engine Clattering - Fuel

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Giz9

Re: Engine Clattering - Fuel

Post by Giz9 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:15 am

coulsda2 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:55 am
EXHAUST GAS RECYCLE!.

Now this is a surprise. My car was with the Garage 3 days and in that time they diagnosed but didn't resolve.

Apparently my exhaust gas recycle path into the air inlet manifold is severely restricted by soot/filth....and on low throttle the air to fuel mixture is affected.
I didn't see the engine myself but have looked on You Tube and there are many descriptions of the issue and how it needs to be cleaned. They asked whether I had tries out Bio Diesel and how long my normal trips took. They are trying to understand why I started to have this issue only after a year.

They say it is a major work and they initially were waiting for approval from Porsche CH and they had to order a tool to carry out the clean.

This was 2 weeks ago and I am waiting for a date to carry out the work.

So I cannot yet say whether it solves the issue and for sure if it does I will want some assurance before my car finishes its warranty cover. If it is the EGR I am astounded it needs a clean so quickly and doesn't thrill me for the future. Lets see....
Thanks for the update. I'm under extended warranty so I will be getting them to look at it if it continues.

Please let us know the result.
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015

daftpuddin

Re: Engine Clattering - Fuel

Post by daftpuddin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:55 pm

Thanks, this is really helpful. Will be interesting to see any more details when they finally resolve it 👍

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”