Speed Buster Tuning Chip Macan Turbo

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Don16

Post by Don16 »

Just pulled the trigger on Speed Buster (well respected and rebranded by many top tuning boxes including TMC) Tuning Chip for my Macan Turbo.

I was going to go down the remap route but because car is still cpo, I decided to go with a tuning chip. Gains look crazy high but being honest I'm not expecting to hit them. If I can bring performance up to the PP level I would be happy! Any more would be a bonus.

I fully understand the risks with CPO warranty however I also know its much much hard almost impossible to find any trace of a tuning chip once its removed (so long as any error codes are deleted) unlike most ecu remaps which would be found very very easily.

I went for app version so I can change maps on the fly so if drivability/shifting worsens I can always switch it off or lower settings from my phone.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

J1220

Post by J1220 »

Sounds exciting stuff (putting aside the warranty and potential reliability issues).

Is it a DIY install or a you've got to take it to the retailer to fit? What are the potential gains to be had?
Don16

Post by Don16 »

J1220 wrote:Sounds exciting stuff (putting aside the warranty and potential reliability issues).

Is it a DIY install or a you've got to take it to the retailer to fit? What are the potential gains to be had?
Diy install like all other tuning chips.

fcooke

Post by fcooke »

Be interesting to see how you get on. I tried 2 different German units on an Audi Biturbo and neither made any noticeable difference. That’s about 5 years ago though. Got money back on both luckily less postage.

What did work was exhaust sound actuator. Good fun and worked well via app. Odd driving a diesel that sounds like a US V8.....
Don16

Post by Don16 »

fcooke wrote:Be interesting to see how you get on. I tried 2 different German units on an Audi Biturbo and neither made any noticeable difference. That’s about 5 years ago though. Got money back on both luckily less postage.

What did work was exhaust sound actuator. Good fun and worked well via app. Odd driving a diesel that sounds like a US V8.....
Which tuning boxes did you try?

fcooke

Post by fcooke »

TDI tuning and the other has gone bust. The units 5 years ago look totally different so interested to see how box works.

This was fun

https://www.active-sound.eu/en/index
Don16

Post by Don16 »

fcooke wrote:TDI tuning and the other has gone bust. The units 5 years ago look totally different so interested to see how box works.

This was fun

https://www.active-sound.eu/en/index
I also had a similar box to that which I think was called spider tuning when I had a golf R. I was so disappointed with the lack of gains I sent it back. I then went with a TMC tuning box and gains were there and strong, sold that for jb1 again gains were strong and because of the added fuel pressure sensor it was a bit smoother.

I will let you know my thoughts once I get.

Don16

Post by Don16 »

Update: Recieved and fitted yesterday evening.

I have driven for around 30 minutes.

Car definitely has more go. I would say its probably on par with the PP now.

I took a acceleration video:

Looks to me like 100-200 is around 10 seconds. Which is 2-3 seconds quicker than most videos I have seen online.

Will test some more over the coming weeks.

Unfortunately I don't have a draggy.