Macan S Exhaust

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
smunns1

Post by smunns1 »

I have a Macan S Diesel 3.0 v6 but the exhaust does not have roar to it and does not have a button so what can i do ????????

Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

The button you refer to is part of the Porsche Sports Exhaust (PSE) option which you don't have. You can get the (PSE) retro fitted to your car. It would be about £3K however..................

If you are happy to go non Porsche there are lots of fake noise systems such as these for about £1500 fitted.

https://www.carcommunications.co.uk/com ... acan-40870

OR

https://www.active-sound.eu/de/porsche/porsche-macan

OR

https://www.cargraphic.de/en/your-vehic ... 0l-v6-tdi/
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

How much?? :o :o :o
I’m also disappointed with the sound of my Macan S, but it is what it is. My personal solution is supplied by the Foo Fighters :D and works really well.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Buy a £500 car with a knackered exhaust....

Buy a sports motorbike....

Enjoy your quiet...ish Macan :D :D :D
smunns1

Post by smunns1 »

Well I have been down to Longlife exhausts as I have one near me and he said that their is nothing you can do about the sound as diesel are like that, so I was not feeling that happy so when and brought a set of wheels for it to make me feel better lol

Foo fighters great call I will try that :D
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

smunns1 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:00 pm Well I have been down to Longlife exhausts as I have one near me and he said that their is nothing you can do about the sound as diesel are like that, so I was not feeling that happy so when and brought a set of wheels for it to make me feel better lol

Foo fighters great call I will try that :D
That is rubbish. My diesel has the PSE and it sounds fantastic (for a diesel). When I turn the PSE off there is a massive difference in sound.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

An conventional exhaust won't make much difference to the sound on a diesel. That's why the PSE uses fake electronic sound like the other solutions I posted.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Ti Rich wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:27 am An conventional exhaust won't make much difference to the sound on a diesel. That's why the PSE uses fake electronic sound like the other solutions I posted.
This is not true. The PSE is a different exhaust system and has flaps which bypass part of the silencer boxes in the rear sections. The flaps are operated by an electric actuator. Standing behind the car the difference is very marked when the flaps open and close.

And we’ve aired this subject once or twice before.........
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:19 pm
Ti Rich wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:27 am An conventional exhaust won't make much difference to the sound on a diesel. That's why the PSE uses fake electronic sound like the other solutions I posted.
This is not true. The PSE is a different exhaust system and has flaps which bypass part of the silencer boxes in the rear sections. The flaps are operated by an electric actuator. Standing behind the car the difference is very marked when the flaps open and close.

As above. I had the PSE retrofitted to my SD and it has a lovely rorty sound when you give it the beans and it's certainly not fake. It also gives a nice growl at ticker. It'll never be a petrol engine sound but it's certainly sporty. I've no regrets and it was £2,200 when I had it fitted.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

BigPhil wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:38 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:19 pm

As above. I had the PSE retrofitted to my SD and it has a lovely rorty sound when you give it the beans and it's certainly not fake. It also gives a nice growl at ticker. It'll never be a petrol engine sound but it's certainly sporty. I've no regrets and it was £2,200 when I had it fitted.
I stand corrected then sorry, interesting. Most other manufactures do it via fake sound. I thought the PSE used a combination of the two but apparently not.

I would like to get the PSE but not at £3K.