Macan S Exhaust

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Guy

Post by Guy »

... but the PSE does include an artificial 'sound aktuator' on the bulkhead. As stated above (previous pages), it has been discussed before in depth ...

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:19 pm
Ti Rich wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:27 am An conventional exhaust won't make much difference to the sound on a diesel. That's why the PSE uses fake electronic sound like the other solutions I posted.
This is not true. The PSE is a different exhaust system and has flaps which bypass part of the silencer boxes in the rear sections. The flaps are operated by an electric actuator. Standing behind the car the difference is very marked when the flaps open and close.

And we’ve aired this subject once or twice before.........
Yep, been done to death, but I can tell you that even standing outside there is a big difference in sound with PSE.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Guy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:52 pm ... but the PSE does include an artificial 'sound aktuator' on the bulkhead. As stated above (previous pages), it has been discussed before in depth ...
I was waiting for you to pop in with that one Guy :lol: . Yes, there is a bulkhead sound actuator, typical VW tactic used on many of its vehicles. According to the Macan parts list though, the actuator appears to be fitted to all variants, but that might be my interpretation of the parts list. There are three different control units listed however, only one of which is identified as for the GTS. Other components are indeed identified as 'Sports Exhaust'. But of course, the sound actuator is only used to enhance sound in the cabin. The real difference in exhaust sound outside the car comes from the effect of the flaps in the exhaust system.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA