Exhaust rattle

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

I have started to have an annoying rattle/ vibration from the exhaust on my GTS.
It's not long been in for new exhaust tips and I have just taken it on its first decent run since. This was the first time I have noticed the rattle.

My OPC can't give me a waiting appointment until mid June😡

Reading up seems potentially PSE valves but it does sound more like a heat shield or similar. If I put slight upward pressure the rattle/vibration goes away.

Anyone had similar issues, also reading my Porsche used car warranty, I can't see that exhausts are excluded is that right? If it's the PSE valves the fact that I have only done 2,000 miles and it's just out of the 3 year warranty I would hope that any work should be covered.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White

Kevthegas

Post by Kevthegas »

There was a post on facebook last week where a guy was selling a 2018 GTSin silver.
He mentioned he had just had a complete exhaust system fitted under warranty due to a crack in a bracket underneath the car.
A simple weld would have solved it but would have affected the warranty.
2018 GTS
1993 968
1985 944
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Mine was a deterioration in the flexi pipes which were replaced under extended warranty.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

If you’ve just had the exhaust tips replaced, are you sure one if them hasn’t come loose, or possibly not fitted quite right so the escaping exhaust gasses are making it vibrate?