Flat 6 Motorsports Cold Air Intake

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Does anyone have any experience of these?

https://flat6motorsports.com/collection ... acan-95b-2

MB
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose

Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

As it happens sort of. I have just done the modification rather than buy the part, see here:-

Quick and easy to do, you don't need it in carbon to be honest. I then fitted a BMC airfilter which Porsche themselves fit to their top spec cars.

OK, so mine is only a diesel and I have to say it makes a significant difference. The diesel only has one air filter box and so it may make more of a difference as it is restricted by one box, not two like the V6 petrol models.

Better pick up off boost, better top end and also, despite being a diesel, a nice noise too!

I also got a replacement top intake part from Porsche so i can refit as per standard, it's about £40. To give you some perspective I have taken the tuning box of mine and just with this modification, it feels just as quick.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Great - thats what I was thinking about, BMC filter with a spare top cover opened up. Not sure it'll do much on the 2.9 Turbo but I fancy a tinker ...
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Ti Rich wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:09 pm As it happens sort of. I have just done the modification rather than buy the part, see here:-

Quick and easy to do, you don't need it in carbon to be honest. I then fitted a BMC airfilter which Porsche themselves fit to their top spec cars.

OK, so mine is only a diesel and I have to say it makes a significant difference. The diesel only has one air filter box and so it may make more of a difference as it is restricted by one box, not two like the V6 petrol models.

Better pick up off boost, better top end and also, despite being a diesel, a nice noise too!

I also got a replacement top intake part from Porsche so i can refit as per standard, it's about £40. To give you some perspective I have taken the tuning box of mine and just with this modification, it feels just as quick.
Did you buy the top intake cover from Porsche for £40 - found one online for £58 ...
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

mueslibrown wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:00 pm
Ti Rich wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:09 pm As it happens sort of. I have just done the modification rather than buy the part, see here:-

Did you buy the top intake cover from Porsche for £40 - found one online for £58 ...
Yes, I got a new one from Porsche.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

found one in Germany so have ordered it, will let you know how i get on regarding delivery and fitting.