Servicing Intervals

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Pookie

Post by Pookie »

Just had a message in the MFD, oil service due.
Car is just 1 yr old at the end of the month and only 6k miles.
Contacted OPC who informed me that Porsche have altered oil service from 2yrs to one on all 2019 cars onward.
Wondered why that might be, but then found out that the price was £384.
Oh well joys of Porsche ownership!
Macan SD 01/05/15
Macan GTS 01/09/16
BMW X101/11/17 :roll:
Cayman 718 bought 01/03/19
Macan 2 litre 27/08/2020

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

If you search through the forum, you'll find this has been covered before (many times).

My 2020 GTS will be one year old next month and has currently covered 3,850 miles. The oil and service dates are still showing July 2022 (15,500 miles to oil change and 16,600 miles to service). I believe the advice your OPC has given you is bo****ks, it all depends on the type of usage. If your 6k miles has included mainly short journeys then the oil will require changing more frequently.

Because of lockdown, my car stood for four months without turning a wheel but has only been used for journeys in excess of 30 miles each way. Take your car out and drive to John O'Groats and back in one journey end the car will stop calling for an oil change. BTW, I don't mean that literally just take it out for a few long runs. without any short hops in between.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I have always liked having my oil and oil filter changed yearly :D :D

Pity OPC charge so much though.....
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

My GTS is 13 months old and has now covered 4300 miles. The MFD today is showing Oil change 13500 mi on 03/2022 and Maintenance 15800 mi on 05/2022. I ensure that the oil temperture gets up to / over 90C when driving it, which is some time after the water gets to 90C. Generally I use our other car for short journeys.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

As On-Track correctly points out this has been covered many times which clearly tells its own story - the sensor / algorithm that decides when you need an oil change is a pest and I’m convinced it was an accountant who developed the algorithm & not an Engineer.

Porsche would do well to change it to a fixed 12 month interval except on cars that are clearly used for regular longer journeys defaulting them to a 24 month oil change. This would at least allow the oils change to stay in sync with the 24 month service schedule.

My 2019 Macan S required oil after 14 months, then when getting the 24 month serves the OPC refused :o to change the oil as it was not due until August when the car would be 27 months old. At this point I just about lost it with the smug ‘service manager’ & pointed out that I bought a family SUV with a 24 month service schedule and in 27 months and 11k miles it would have had more trips to the service department that a Carrera GT & many other supercars. He agreed a rather large discount to the oil change due next month :D
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
pmg

Post by pmg »

So far I have, like SAC, made sure my 2019 Macan S gets fully warmed, i.e oil up to temp between cold starts and the car is indicating servicing need consistent with 2years and 20 k or just below service intervals.

As in normal times, I typically do between 12 and 15k a year depending on the balance between UK motoring and overseas flights holidays. The OPC stores my wheelsets I am hoping to fit servicing visits to the late March and early November visits for wheel set swops and have so far achieved that the 1st oil and 2year service being done after 1year 11months. I am happy to have the odd oil change and service early for the convenience of just twice yearly OPC visits with probably every third visit being a service one and fourth a brake fluid change. I have made mental note to ask at each visit whether the brakes pads and disks should get through the next five to seven months use
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8