Ad blue top up

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

That seems quite a reasonable price.

Audi have started filling your Adblue tank for £1.50 per litre which is also good. I believe most of the new diesel Audi's use Adblue.

Guy

Post by Guy »

Just had following e-mail to me from local Leeds OPC. Seems a good deal @ £42 although don't need top up yet - but hopefully still offered when I do! Maybe offered at other dealers as well:-

Dear "Caster"

Your car is a true sports car: born to embody the history, the spirit and the technology of Porsche, born to embody a race car for the road.

Our race cars embrace hybrid technology to aid performance and fuel consumption but also to reduce harmful emissions. This focus on responsible performance is no different in our road cars and our latest diesel models are fitted with AdBlue® technology to reduce exhaust gas emissions, particularly nitrogen oxide.

Great care must be taken when handling AdBlue®. It is classified as non-hazardous, but does require special handling.

The safest and easiest way to top up your AdBlue® is to let your Porsche Service Team perform your routine AdBlue® pit stop. Take advantage of a top-up or complete refill for a fixed price of £42* (incl. VAT).

The service can be carried out while you wait and you'll be on your way again with no bottles, fluids, spillage or hassle. As always, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your Porsche is in the hands of genuine experts: our Porsche-trained Technicians, your pit crew.

To book your AdBlue® service or for further information please contact us by phone or email.
Call 0113 389 0600
Email

Yours sincerely

Paul Mulliss
Service Manager

*Participating Centres only. Fixed price AdBlue® refill tariffs may be withdrawn or varied at any time. Price shown includes VAT at 20%.

I got that email too - from London I think. Seems a long way to drive ... Wink
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Same email to me from Tewkesbury. I had been going to DIY when the time came, but might not now bother. 10L is £14 at Halfords at the moment, so for a 23L tank I might as well have a trip to the OPC, look at their nice cars and drink their coffee. Interesting that they will make some money from me now to fill up the AdBlue tank whereas they would have made nothing when they were charging £70. A lesson in there I think!
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I think Macan owners are a bit more "aware of what things should cost".

Paul

Post by Paul »

Not a bad bit of marketing; unless every single person who comes in has a near empty adblue tank, the dealership will be putting in, say,15 litres max for the £42.00, which most owners will see as a reasonable compromise rather than DIY.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Yep, Hatfield sent me that too today, seems like a National initiative by Porsche GB. Fortunately when mine was in for a warranty claim on the Adblu sensor in Feb they had to drain my (nearly empty) tank and so filled mine up gratis. Approve
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Paul

Post by Paul »

Yep, Hatfield sent me that too today, seems like a National initiative by Porsche GB. Fortunately when mine was in for a warranty claim on the Adblu sensor in Feb they had to drain my (nearly empty) tank and so filled mine up gratis. Approve

result

(too much to expect them to have filled the fuel tank too I suppose )
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
PJS

Post by PJS »

Interesting read all. Our SD had the 1500 miles to top-up warning come up at 8300 miles. So a quick read on here and I've just picked up 10 litre's from local vw garage for just over a tenner. I aim to use one of my free 1.89 litire bottles first, then turn it into a funnel. A job for the weekend me thinks. Pain in the arse no doubt.
Guy

Post by Guy »

PJS wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:11 pm Interesting read all. Our SD had the 1500 miles to top-up warning come up at 8300 miles. So a quick read on here and I've just picked up 10 litre's from local vw garage for just over a tenner. I aim to use one of my free 1.89 litire bottles first, then turn it into a funnel. A job for the weekend me thinks. Pain in the arse no doubt.
Mine's done about 11000 miles and no sigh of an adblue light yet. I have just booked the first service for the end of the month and I'll probably ask them just to top the tank up then.
happy days

Post by happy days »

PJS wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:11 pm Interesting read all. Our SD had the 1500 miles to top-up warning come up at 8300 miles. So a quick read on here and I've just picked up 10 litre's from local vw garage for just over a tenner. I aim to use one of my free 1.89 litire bottles first, then turn it into a funnel. A job for the weekend me thinks. Pain in the arse no doubt.
Not really, it's quite easy. Al first I thought you would have to have a screw on connector but that's not true. My BIL works in a motor factors and got me 20l at a really good price (£12 from memory). I decanted it into a 1 litre measuring jug that I stole from the wife's kitchen and poured it all in using a funnel one litre at a time. No bother. Must be due again soon as we're at 17.5k.
Macan S D
718 S