Ad blue top up

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

100 litres of super unleaded - that would be an expensive fill up!

Funrider

Post by Funrider »

SD takes 20 litres with no problems.. I have just filled up on Adblue for 2nd time.
The first time the warning light came on (about 16k miles I think), I put in 10 litres myself, and OPC topped it up at 1st service.
Light came on again last week (c. 32k miles). After about another 150 miles I put in 2x 10 litres.
The last 5 litres was a little slow with more bubbles / blowback, but I was patient and it sucked it all down.
I then carefully washed and swilled off the small spillage (particularly on the wheel & tyre, because the the filler cap recess drains out through the wheel arch).
Whole exercise took about 20 mins...
2016 Macan Turbo Jet Black PPF /Saddle Brown full leather/Walnut 18way heated Pano Connect +2 Surround cameras Air/PASM 21 Black Classics /20 SportDesign
2015 SD Macan sold 3yr/54k. Sapphire
Past: Mexico Mk1, 205GTI (3x),Integrale 8v, Scooby Impreza STI,
stick

Post by stick »

HAs anyone used a pump yet? Wife's shows only 650 miles remaining after 6,500 miles
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Has anyone used a pump yet? Wife's shows only 650 miles remaining after 6,500 miles
In the manual, they do not recommend to use a pump as it is easier to spill / splash. I think the pumps are mainly for lorries.

Our Macan went in to OPC for various updates so we asked them to top up AdBlue as the warning was saying 1,300 miles to go at over 12,000 miles on the clock. It cost around £60 all in.

But running out after 6,500 miles seems too soon, is she hooning around? Wink
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
stick

Post by stick »

tried to use a pump but couldn't get it to work - probably the auto shut off feature was not disengaged by the macan inlet. Interestingly the Passat handbook clearly says you can use a pump as opposed to the macan saying you can't. Would be interested if anyone does get a pump to work.
Portsmouth Porsche wanted £90 to fill it up! So I ended up buying one expensive Porsche bottle to get a seal, cutting the end off when empty and then pouring 10L in. Lot of splashing and gurgling. Put 12l in total, annoying not knowing how much it needs.
Yes, Semerka, she may be hooning around, "I couldn't possibly comment!"
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I used

The 2 litre bottle can be screwed on to the Macan and has a sort of non return valve to prevent spillage or blow back. Worked well.

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I used

The 2 litre bottle can be screwed on to the Macan and has a sort of non return valve to prevent spillage or blow back. Worked well.

The only hassle was having to stop and refill the 2 litre bottle from the 10 litre drum. But on the plus side there was no mess to clean up Thumbs Up

stick

Post by stick »

Yes, that seems good value. Have ordered one up for next time.....
Thanks
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Yes, that seems good value. Have ordered one up for next time.....
Thanks

There is no instructions with it (possibly doesn't require any Confused) but I just screwed on the 2 litre bottle and then pushed it down which opened the valve and the adblue flowed into the tank quite quickly.
Caster

Post by Caster »

Just had following e-mail to me from local Leeds OPC. Seems a good deal @ £42 although don't need top up yet - but hopefully still offered when I do! Maybe offered at other dealers as well:-

Dear "Caster"

Your car is a true sports car: born to embody the history, the spirit and the technology of Porsche, born to embody a race car for the road.

Our race cars embrace hybrid technology to aid performance and fuel consumption but also to reduce harmful emissions. This focus on responsible performance is no different in our road cars and our latest diesel models are fitted with AdBlue® technology to reduce exhaust gas emissions, particularly nitrogen oxide.

Great care must be taken when handling AdBlue®. It is classified as non-hazardous, but does require special handling.

The safest and easiest way to top up your AdBlue® is to let your Porsche Service Team perform your routine AdBlue® pit stop. Take advantage of a top-up or complete refill for a fixed price of £42* (incl. VAT).

The service can be carried out while you wait and you'll be on your way again with no bottles, fluids, spillage or hassle. As always, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your Porsche is in the hands of genuine experts: our Porsche-trained Technicians, your pit crew.

To book your AdBlue® service or for further information please contact us by phone or email.
Call 0113 389 0600
Email

Yours sincerely

Paul Mulliss
Service Manager

*Participating Centres only. Fixed price AdBlue® refill tariffs may be withdrawn or varied at any time. Price shown includes VAT at 20%.

Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D