MACAN TURBO 3.6 2014 - ENGINE IS NOT WORKING

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Unal12

Post by Unal12 »

Hello everyone,

I just won the bidding on one of the salvage company for Macan turbo 2014 model with only 15k miles on it. I can not tell much if its a serious damage to fix the car but I did not realise they actually noted that the engine is not turning on due to damage.
On the description is says :
" Just 15. 132 miles, mot 12/7/2022 mileage seems genuine, 2x keys, no r+d due to damage, front end damage into o. S. F including suspension, windscreen cracked, airbags and belts deployed, various age related dents & scratches, description is a guide only, mileage not warranted."
I am attaching the pictures along with this post, please let me know what is possibly causing it to not turn on as there is a electric on the dashboard.

z0fkupzgbi5v2jvjv77iyevbix5hkr9s52c8e7ce.jpg

yftk593dwhl8y8zetuuaw14e8o4nucuf923811bc.jpg

xv1uac5ibqpxri23yu7fwanlso7s9qxf92821e2a.jpg

nfm92sgjo7wolueuu8w7n5kdm718hmbk48fb7b51.jpg

kahqjzjecnz7rseggxiqtomepygugk06897ff8a2.jpg

avluh62sohlcxq8v22cospdfgtaetq0md66fce17.jpg

919lz9k2q1ea5fl41oacyej06rcceq7iced75c90.jpg

8j8qvfs1maxd4d1fi8ms22sxzrfg153o8fc108c8.jpg

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Unal12 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:29 am Hello everyone,

I just won the bidding on one of the salvage company for Macan turbo 2014 model with only 15k miles on it. I can not tell much if its a serious damage to fix the car but I did not realise they actually noted that the engine is not turning on due to damage.
" Just 15. 132 miles, mot 12/7/2022 mileage seems genuine, 2x keys, no r+d due to damage, front end damage into o. S. F including suspension, windscreen cracked, airbags and belts deployed, various age related dents & scratches, description is a guide only, mileage not warranted."
I am attaching the pictures along with this post, please let me know what is possibly causing it to not turn on as there is a electric on the dashboard.
Ouch 😖 Looks like an expensive repair.
Many vehicles will not start after the airbags have deployed. I guess this may also apply to Porsche? Can see that you have loss of airbag pilot lamp in red ( centre gauge) and red triangle with the No 3 possibly relating to bags deployed (right gauge). It is a safety feature, once an accident is detected (and the airbags set off) the fuel system (pump) is disabled to prevent the fuel pump continuing to pump fuel and feed a potential post-accident fire.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime in May/June 🤔 https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Check if it has air suspension, then factor in a hefty repair bill for it if it has it.

It will have PASM so that again on its own will cost a fair amount to rectify damage.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

It doesn’t have Air suspension
Previous Porsche’s
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime in May/June 🤔 https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I don't recognise the component in the sixth picture (it looks like a filter casing) but it's clearly attached to either the engine or transmission (depending on whether the photo was taken from above or below). There doesn't seem to be signs of vital fluids spraying everywhere so the engine may not have come to a sudden stop due to seizure but it has clearly had a massive shakeup.

Rebuilding this car is clearly not going to be cheap.

BTW, with the ignition on press the right hand button on the steering wheel. If it still works you should be able to access the messages menu. That will give you an explanation of the three messages linked to the red triangle in the MFD which might give you an answer to your question.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

The second hand value of a 2014 Macan Turbo is in the region of £30-40. Yours is low mileage so let's assume £40,000.

The insurance company would repair the car if the cost of repair is 50-60% of the market value. Since the car was written off, we can assume the cost of repair was more than that. Taking the more generous 60% figure, that means the cost of repair would be most likely be above £24,000.

The insurance company will be trying to minimise its costs so the equation is probably - Repair cost vs Pay market value - resale cost. You can play with the numbers but, if the insurance company cleared £12k for selling the car, the repair cost must have been more than market value - £12k.

This assumes a repair back to Porsche-approved specs for the damaged areas. If you can repair it for less than that, you will have a bargain, albeit one that is probably not to Porsche spec.
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Further to “on track’s observation. That photo is the engine oil filter casing and no sign of spillage, not sure if it’s suffered impact damage and torn out or been unscrewed and just shoved back in? So the engine may have lost oil on impact or been drained? Once you get the ignition sorted do no try and turn it over before checking oil content‼️
Last edited by MikeM on Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previous Porsche’s
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

That’s quite a project to take on! Good luck & I hope your gamble pays off! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

If it's not a keeper and profit is your motive then you may make more breaking it.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4LDHS7
Unal12

Post by Unal12 »

MikeM wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:43 am

Ouch 😖 Looks like an expensive repair.
Many vehicles will not start after the airbags have deployed. I guess this may also apply to Porsche? Can see that you have loss of airbag pilot lamp in red ( centre gauge) and red triangle with the No 3 possibly relating to bags deployed (right gauge). It is a safety feature, once an accident is detected (and the airbags set off) the fuel system (pump) is disabled to prevent the fuel pump continuing to pump fuel and feed a potential post-accident fire.
If I could possibly get those errors fixed by coding then it would be a great news. I am not sure if something got to do with the engine. (if it has some actual damage to engine) Since last Thursday to now on that I am checking those possible parts on Ebay and some other platforms to find out how much it might cost me to get this fixed.

As far as I observe, those parts are :
Airbags with dashboard
front bumper
Suspension
stering arms
lower and upper arms
wishbone.
hopefully it wont cost me alot to get this fixed.

I heard some of these cars do have a pyro fuse in them to cut off electric from battery to engine in an event of accident. Do you think this might be the case?