Intake mod

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

I have recently fitted a K&N air filter and have read on the forum an intake mod which I presume opens out the top of the plastic filter cover. Please could someone share what form this mod looks like a picture would be great. My car is a 2017 diesel, I think the previous thread was on a diesel running a tuning box which was removed and replaced with a similar filter and intake mod, many thanks.

Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

Think it might be this….

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10917
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

Thanks, just what I was looking for to give me some idea. 4yr service coming up so might look at mod after.
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

A google image search will reveal various peoples designs for opening up the top plate, some have CNC’d / dremeled all of it away, some left a central section; the underside of the bonnet air duct is not a full opening to the filter box so little to be gained by removing all the top plate material.

I’m very sceptical about any power gains, flat6 claim 10hp at the crank but that’s only achieved at full throttle opening. I doubt very much the stock Porsche filter is itself choking the engine , the air box outlet, pipe work and butterfly are more likely the restrictive elements.

Also bear in mind there have been one or two reports of finding snow on the air box top plate after driving in snow storms, not to be unexpected , perhaps that’s a reason (and dust in some regions) why the top plate and filter element are what they are. Also note Porsche have a higher filtration filter for dusty regions, yet they quote the same engine power.

The majority of the air box plate modders are in the US and generally have better drier weather or don’t use their Macan’s much in winter.