Using a trolley jack MY16 Macan S Diesel

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
stick

Post by stick »

Thanks for responses.
THe jack point itelf is plastic - I know because I have broken one!- and therefore not the strongest. It is also right beside a plastic trim running the length of the car so want to avoid that, the piece of wood will need to be chosen carefully to fit and not impact. Add to that the risks of having another piece that can move and using wood, while possible, is not ideal. In fact, I will probably end up using rubber, but it is very unsatisfactory.
I'm really surprised I can't find an adapter. My other car is a Landrover and a jack adapter was swiftly made for that. I guess Porsche owners don't normally get dirty....LOL

Peter_L

Post by Peter_L »

Better or worse but I have had mine up a few times resting on the lower ball joints, not suitable for stands but it works and it's what the tyre'o's would do...
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

I am "garage competent" so looked for jacking points so that I could get the trolley jack under. Found the jacking points but they are covered in plastic. After a bit of Googling, I put the jack away and decided to hang fire. Consensus seems to be that you need a bit of rubber akin to a hockey puck (it was an American site!) that sits between the plastic and the jack head. Seems a bit of a bodge so thought I'd ask the UK community. What does anyone else do to jack up a Macan that only has a trolley jack? Thanks, Steve

Hi Steve_m, I'm also "garage competent' and really like to work on cars, but have not jacked up my own for many years because I have quite an incline on my drive. When a car needs wheels off it goes to someone who can do it competently (with their own PL Insurance I trust). My new S was up on 4 jacks for the 2nd time in it's short life this week, both times with a suitable adaptor to fit the jack points. Just checked all four this morning, not even a mark. Far more important for cars with Air, is to ensure it is turned off, as explained in the handbook, which of course was done, otherwise it can 'jump' off a jack!

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
stick

Post by stick »

Hi Bigboy rolo, where did you get the "suitable adapters"???Smile
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Hi Bigboy rolo, where did you get the "suitable adapters"???Smile

Not me at all, the jack operators told me they used 'suitable adaptors', never saw them myself. As I said, not a mark on any of them. They're jacking points, there to be used as such.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

May be best to use something like this Michelin Racing Trolley Jack. It's very light, has a low profile and comes with a plastic pad to protect the jacking points.

Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)
Movistar

Post by Movistar »

These worked great for me:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-Macan ... Sw1YRZoCWj

Just need to be used from a flat topped trolley Jack :-)
stick

Post by stick »

Thanks, just ordered one. I don't think they were there in April, but knew someone would improvise.
(Just changed to winters on Wednesday and using a piece of wood was very poor. Will be very glad to have this).
Movistar

Post by Movistar »

Great glad I could help
Movistar

Post by Movistar »

Hi Guys just in case any body is looking for these Jacking pads I have renewed the link as the previous one was dead:

[urlhttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-Macan-Cayenn ... SwcmBbUjAz][/url]