MY17 PCM software versions

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I have my diamond key set to surround and it works but only when stationary or at low speed.

+1

It's he only thing I wanted that button to do.
GTS 😀

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

P/K - it is just so that you can tell at a glance whether the software has been upgraded.

I know this is the case because Audi use the same numbering, and I spent a long time playing with/upgrading the firmware on my previous A6.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Just reviving a thread for people who have taken delivery of Newer Macans to post their software versions.
GTS 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

My Turbo was given its 2 year service on the 11th September and they updated the software.

This was taken today

4D9A759A-4C31-418D-BADC-9380AE578A46.jpeg

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

Hi, How do you update the map if i havent got Sim Card slot for internet on the car?

my software version is MH12_ER_POG11_P3299 whilst the navigation is still 2016/2017

The car is a March 2017 turbo.

It seems like it hasnt been updated since factory.
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Can you connect the PCM to WiFi? You can in my car, although I do have a SIM Card slot.

You can do it via SD card but only if you get it from Porsche (i.e. are a dealer).
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
VanB

Post by VanB »

How do you connect the car to wifi?
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

My petrol S was delivered last September, so I assume it's a MY18. I have a hidden SIM which Porsche have buried in the car where I can't find it! That connects me to the InterNOT (mostly).

I also have a SIM slot next to the SD card slot where, if I put a third party SIM, it takes the place of the Porsche one. Furthermore, if I plug in my iPhone via USB in the centre armrest, I'm connected (tethered) to my phone SIM.

On a related issue, I saw a forum message from TomTom at the beginning of the week, crowing that they would be available on Apple Car Play before anybody else.

They were completely upstaged by Google, who released their Google Maps app for ACP the very next day!

I now learn that we won't see TomTom until "early next year" - but at least it's coming!

Finally, if anyone has a Télépéage badge for the French Autoroutes, I can reliably inform you that the battery lasts more than 5 and less than 6 years! Reversing out of the special lane to resolve the issue is not recommended!
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

VanB wrote: ↑Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:23 pm How do you connect the car to wifi?
It's on page 86 of the manual (that's the thick book you'll find in a wallet in the glovebox :lol: ) under 'Connectivity'.

Just kidding on the manual VanB, I know you've read it from cover to cover!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Paul

Post by Paul »

oldpilot wrote: ↑Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:47 pm
Finally, if anyone has a Télépéage badge for the French Autoroutes, I can reliably inform you that the battery lasts more than 5 and less than 6 years! Reversing out of the special lane to resolve the issue is not recommended!
Just for info (and to avoid potential embarassment for others) if you log in to your SANEF account it will give you an accurate report on the state of the battery; you can then order a replacement unit prior to venturing off.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465