MY17 PCM software versions

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
VanB

Post by VanB »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:14 am
VanB wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:23 pm How do you connect the car to wifi?
It's on page 86 of the manual (that's the thick book you'll find in a wallet in the glovebox :lol: ) under 'Connectivity'.

Just kidding on the manual VanB, I know you've read it from cover to cover!
I deserved that :lol: :lol: :lol:
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

SGDT

Post by SGDT »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:49 pm My Turbo was given its 2 year service on the 11th September and they updated the software.

This was taken today

4D9A759A-4C31-418D-BADC-9380AE578A46.jpeg
These are my settings from December 2017 when I collected the car. My software version would seem to be a later number - wonder if it's model year specific?
Nav looks the same - I updated my maps a few months back.

XsZ6b+b2SL+eYMiwvXpDvg.jpg

PJDKEP61
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

SGDT wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:04 am
Col Lamb wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:49 pm My Turbo was given its 2 year service on the 11th September and they updated the software.

This was taken today

These are my settings from December 2017 when I collected the car. My software version would seem to be a later number - wonder if it's model year specific?

Hi,

Is your car with connect plus ( ie. SIM card slot available)

As I have been told by Porsche Tonbridge that updates are only available for cars with connect plus - twice a year.

Quote from them as follows:
“Your PCM 4.0 had the latest version available when you collected.
Cars with Connect Plus had 2 free region updates a year which the owner could do via a data connection. Those without would have a SIM card update. That said, the last map updates Porsche have available my parts department tell me are 2016 - so I’m not sure there is even an update available for you?.....”

Could anyone without connect plus (no SIM card slot) in car, advise me what’s the latest software on their cars?

Thanks
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package
Paul

Post by Paul »

58309DF8-6089-4776-A5FB-5F6B112BA78E.jpeg

GTS 2016 / 66 first reg sept ‘16 (May ‘16 built) with basic PCM 4.0, no connect or connect plus.

Couldn’t tell you whether or not its been updated - they’re always a little vague!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
SGDT

Post by SGDT »

Greddyuk wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:44 am
SGDT wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:04 am

This was taken today

Hi,

Is your car with connect plus ( ie. SIM card slot available)

As I have been told by Porsche Tonbridge that updates are only available for cars with connect plus - twice a year.

Quote from them as follows:
“Your PCM 4.0 had the latest version available when you collected.
Cars with Connect Plus had 2 free region updates a year which the owner could do via a data connection. Those without would have a SIM card update. That said, the last map updates Porsche have available my parts department tell me are 2016 - so I’m not sure there is even an update available for you?.....”

Could anyone without connect plus (no SIM card slot) in car, advise me what’s the latest software on their cars?

Thanks
Yes, my car has ConnectPlus. There are two things that can be updated - the map data and the PCM software.
Map updates should be about twice a year (this is in another thread). These can be done by the owner via data collection.
I don't think PCM software updates can be done by the owner. If I remember correctly the last update was late last year and gave the volume slider display amongst other things. (Again sure there was another thread on this).

I think the OPC just tends to assume you are asking about map updates regardless.
PJDKEP61
stallturn

Post by stallturn »

OK, here's my question;

I have just bought a 911 Carrera S, first registered in April 2016, so 2.5 years old. It was bought from an independent dealer, not an OPC.
It has Connect plus
My current understanding is that online services, ie map updates, were only available in the first year of ownership. Indeed, the PCM indicates that such updates on my car are only possible through SD card, CD/DVD or through the USB.
From some of the replies here, it seems that many of the OPC's are unaware of what is available and to whom. Before I go along to an OPC and ask about map/software updates - am I entitled to a free update of these services before the 3 year warranty expires, ie is the OPC under an obligation?
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

stallturn wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:35 am OK, here's my question;

I have just bought a 911 Carrera S, first registered in April 2016, so 2.5 years old. It was bought from an independent dealer, not an OPC.
It has Connect plus
My current understanding is that online services, ie map updates, were only available in the first year of ownership. Indeed, the PCM indicates that such updates on my car are only possible through SD card, CD/DVD or through the USB.
From some of the replies here, it seems that many of the OPC's are unaware of what is available and to whom. Before I go along to an OPC and ask about map/software updates - am I entitled to a free update of these services before the 3 year warranty expires, ie is the OPC under an obligation?
As always with Porsche, it's complicated. My non-Connect Macan Turbo is entitled to receive three free map updates in the first three years. Two years in and I have so far failed to obtain any updates from the OPC. Any updates would have to be applied by the OPC via their 'system'. The answer has always been 'we've plugged your car in but no updates are available'.

My 911 has Connect Plus and, if I log in to My Porsche and go to the Connect Store it tells me I have an active contract for two years from date of purchase. I can update up to three regions twice per year OTA. Porsche Connect Support have told me that the OPC can apply an update for the whole database via a USB stick, etc. The car is only six months old so I haven't asked for that yet. I don't know what happens in the third year but I guess the Connect Services become subscription based.

Your OPC should be able to tell you what you are entitled to for free, if anything, on your 911, and what is now available for a subscription.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Paul wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:14 pm 58309DF8-6089-4776-A5FB-5F6B112BA78E.jpeg

GTS 2016 / 66 first reg sept ‘16 (May ‘16 built) with basic PCM 4.0, no connect or connect plus.

Couldn’t tell you whether or not its been updated - they’re always a little vague!
That looks a lot like mine, Paul. MY17 collected 1 March 16. Certainly the Nav bit does with Euro map being 2016. Can’t speak for the rest of it.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀