Transfer Box Replacement

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Hawkeye wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:03 pm I think if it were me, I would be pushing for a goodwill gesture from Porsche GB. Shouldn’t have to replace the transfer box after that age and mileage and other owners within warranty have had similar issues and had the box replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1
I agree. I would certainly push this especially based on your millage and only just over the warranty date.

I have just extended the warranty on the Macan so have 5 years cover which is transferable to new owner.
GTS 😀

jabcap

Post by jabcap »

Just had the transfer box replaced at 2 years and 27K kms here is France on SD. Same symptoms.. juddering when warm etc and they accepted that was the problem.

Fixed under warranty and now a happy car. Also did the updates and interestingly the fuel economy seems a little better at the moment.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGY439W8
steve w

Post by steve w »

Hawkeye
Was was the cost of the 2 year warranty extension.
SteveW
steve w

Post by steve w »

Kasfrank99
What was the cost of the 2year warranty extension
SteveW
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

steve w wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:43 pm Kasfrank99
What was the cost of the 2year warranty extension
SteveW
£1715 including 2 years porsche assist.
Around £1400 withought porsche assist.
If over 12 months then you have to pay for the 111 point check which is not too expensive

Exactly the same level of cover as the initial 3 years but doesn't cover creaks and rattles which seems fair enough.

It can also be transferred to a new owner.
GTS 😀
Salty

Post by Salty »

RichardE wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:13 am My 3 year and 3 month old Turbo has started to judder under light acceleration and Sheffield OPC has told me the transfer box needs replacing at an estimated cost of £2k.....

As it is out of warranty I will have to pay - which is bit annoying to say the least as the car has done only 14.5k miles !!

Has anybody managed to get a goodwill replacement ?
I have a similar problem on my 2014 Macan Petrol S. The car has done about 21,500 miles. It has just been taken in to the Porsche Dealer st Silverlink Newcastle for investigation. I was told that they had another one in yesterday!
It seems like a common problem and I really hope that Porsche GB are going to cover the costs even though it is out of warranty.
Along with my present Boxster all three I have owned and my wife’s Macan have always been bought and/or serviced at Porsche Silverlink.
987 Boxster S (sold
987 Boxster S (sold)
White Macan S Petrol, (sold)
Rhodium Silver metallic Macan GTS (sold)
Aqua Blue 981 Boxster S (sold)
Midnight Blue 718 Boxster GTS (sold)
GT metallic silver 911 992 Carrera S (sold)
Carmine Red Boxster 981 GTS
Guy

Post by Guy »

Salty wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:27 am I have a similar problem on my 2014 Macan Petrol S. The car has done about 21,500 miles. It has just been taken in to the Porsche Dealer st Silverlink Newcastle for investigation. I was told that they had another one in yesterday!
It seems like a common problem and I really hope that Porsche GB are going to cover the costs even though it is out of warranty.
Along with my present Boxster all three I have owned and my wife’s Macan have always been bought and/or serviced at Porsche Silverlink.
That's bad news - I hope it gets sorted soon. I am sure we'd been very interested to know the approximate cost of a replacement, including parts/labour, and I'd be very interested in how you get on with an out of warranty 'goodwill' payment.
Macancan

Post by Macancan »

My January 2016 Macan SD started to develop the juddering symptoms :-( after 20500 miles
Its now being investigated at Porsche Reading.
Will update once Its been looked at?
Porsche assistance has been top notch though, collected car and arranged a rental.
Although its a Mercedes E220D :shock:, I feel like a taxi driver in a pimp mobile :lol:
1st Porsche Macan SD Rhodium Silver 2016-2018 (SOLD)
2nd Porsche Macan SD Sapphire Blue 21" Turbo's 2018-2020 (SOLD)
Current 718 Boxster GTS GT Silver
Salty

Post by Salty »

Guy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:31 am
Salty wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:27 am I have a similar problem on my 2014 Macan Petrol S. The car has done about 21,500 miles. It has just been taken in to the Porsche Dealer st Silverlink Newcastle for investigation. I was told that they had another one in yesterday!
That's bad news - I hope it gets sorted soon. I am sure we'd been very interested to know the approximate cost of a replacement, including parts/labour, and I'd be very interested in how you get on with an out of warranty 'goodwill' payment.
Update
I have been quoted £2645.90 inc parts labour and VAT to replace the drive shafts. I have spoken to the service department and they are going to ask Porsche UK about whether they will replace under "goodwill"
However I am concerned that another forum member stated that Porsche Germany diagnosed the problem as being due to the transfer box which is in the region of £5000 to replace.
987 Boxster S (sold
987 Boxster S (sold)
White Macan S Petrol, (sold)
Rhodium Silver metallic Macan GTS (sold)
Aqua Blue 981 Boxster S (sold)
Midnight Blue 718 Boxster GTS (sold)
GT metallic silver 911 992 Carrera S (sold)
Carmine Red Boxster 981 GTS
Macancan

Post by Macancan »

Macancan wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:34 am My January 2016 Macan SD started to develop the juddering symptoms :-( after 20500 miles
Its now being investigated at Porsche Reading.
Will update once Its been looked at?
Porsche assistance has been top notch though, collected car and arranged a rental.
Although its a Mercedes E220D :shock:, I feel like a taxi driver in a pimp mobile :lol:
Update, OPC Reading called yesterday to confirm problem has been diagnosed, Transfer box/case has a seal on one of the shafts that has let oil into the workings and causes judder when warm.
New Transfer box/case on order from Porsche Germany 2day order. Hopefully get my Macan back Friday. Luckily for me its a warranty issue.
1st Porsche Macan SD Rhodium Silver 2016-2018 (SOLD)
2nd Porsche Macan SD Sapphire Blue 21" Turbo's 2018-2020 (SOLD)
Current 718 Boxster GTS GT Silver