Transfer Box Replacement

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Matt

Post by Matt »

Was asking, as was interested if the issue was specific to a certain model of Macan, or across the range

jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Good result Spud! Thumbs Up
+1 good to see you prowling the streets again Spud. And getting the Macan back
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Something to look out for over the next 18 month's in my case.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Great news Spud.

I think a few of us will be keeping an eye out on our Macans for this.
It would be good to find out when they resolved the problem and in what builds (if any yet)
Also if the Transfer box is the same in all models (GTS, Turbo etc)

GTS 😀
Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

The USA forum has reported Transfer Case problems and they are all petrol cars. The reports go back to 2014 .
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

The USA forum has reported Transfer Case problems and they are all petrol cars. The reports go back to 2014 .

They don't sell the diesels in USA I believe. Or they don't sell many if they do. That means that it affects all variants then.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Spicky

Post by Spicky »

Hi Spud,
That's good news, there are too many of these messages for my liking, mine has now done 13,000 miles but no symptoms as described as yet!! did OPC say it was a bad batch? as surely a mass produced item like this all have the same issues?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGEN3JG2
Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

Getting my Macan back on Saturday with a new transfer box. Service engineer said that the box is a new modified version to fix the problem and not just a like for like replacement. He also stated that when the same problem occurred on the Cayenne the design was modified, pity they did not read across to the Macan at the time.

Has the new Transfer Box made a difference ? I've just been told that it could take up to two weeks to obtain a replacement as there are none available in the UK

Spud New transfer box has made a big difference as I now realise that the problem started some weeks back as I noticed some vibration when cold and in reverse. I guess you use the Nottingham OPC who dealt with this in five days for me.
Spud

Post by Spud »

Getting my Macan back on Saturday with a new transfer box. Service engineer said that the box is a new modified version to fix the problem and not just a like for like replacement. He also stated that when the same problem occurred on the Cayenne the design was modified, pity they did not read across to the Macan at the time.

Has the new Transfer Box made a difference ? I've just been told that it could take up to two weeks to obtain a replacement as there are none available in the UK

Spud New transfer box has made a big difference as I now realise that the problem started some weeks back as I noticed some vibration when cold and in reverse. I guess you use the Nottingham OPC who dealt with this in five days for me.

Yes use Nottingham OPC and I have nothing but praise for them in the way they have always dealt with any problems I have had across the 3 Macans, picked the car up this afternoon and can notice a difference straight away, when reversing up the driveway tonight immediate power/drive response no jerking, also when pulling out of junctions no hesitancy, speaking to Porsche they hav had a few issues with the Macan transfer box as they did with the Cayenne, the Transfer box has been modified and is obviously being fitted in the new Macans, I would say to anyone having problems/doubts take it in to your dealership, there appears to be no define on Petrol/Diesel , to be fair to the OPC they just swapped it as soon as mentioned and they had checked it out, it really is a pleasure to deal with Nottingham OPC 👍
Can't say if it's a bad batch Spicky I just get the impression it's a common faultSpud2017-02-10 19:30:51
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Has anyone who had their car delivered after Aug 16 been affected by this?
GTS \o/ - sold :(