Transfer Box Replacement

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Paul

Post by Paul »

Not sure Phil, mine is a bit hesitant when turning right up a medium hill junction (I do it most days) andit feels as if the inner rear wheel slips a bit...not sure if this is the same symptom?

Still get a bit if a hesitation when reversing uphill but I have put tnis down to being the way the PDK works, rather than anything else?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Spud

Post by Spud »

Not sure Phil, mine is a bit hesitant when turning right up a medium hill junction (I do it most days) andit feels as if the inner rear wheel slips a bit...not sure if this is the same symptom?

Still get a bit if a hesitation when reversing uphill but I have put tnis down to being the way the PDK works, rather than anything else?

My Macan is Sept 16, Paul the symptoms you mention are very much along the lines of what I was experiencing, I'm not a technician but feel it would be worth asking the question with your OPC, apologies if I seem to be doom and gloom but better to get it logged and checked now just in case
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Spud

Post by Spud »

Phone call from OPC New transfer box fitted and ready for collection, just over a week to complete so I am happy with that, the new box IS a modified box so hopefully all will be good going forward

( ..does this mean wingco gets his Panemera now? )

Yes Wingco can have the Panamera back now I just couldn't live up to his style 😎
GTS Delivered April 2018
Paul

Post by Paul »

.....you've just confirmed my suspicions Spud......

(and yes, you're a bit doom and gloom.....but I'll still buy you a beer in Lllaasnnnffffyyyggg.....Wales, on the 18th!)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Spud

Post by Spud »

.....you've just confirmed my suspicions Spud......

(and yes, you're a bit doom and gloom.....but I'll still buy you a beer in Lllaasnnnffffyyyggg.....Wales, on the 18th!)

Look forward to it mate be good to meet again 👍
GTS Delivered April 2018
LVision

Post by LVision »

Interesting thread. My Petrol S dates to May 2015 and can't say I have noticed any transmission problems in its 10k miles. Sorry if it's been stated before but what symptoms should I actually be looking for ?
Spud

Post by Spud »

Interesting thread. My Petrol S dates to May 2015 and can't say I have noticed any transmission problems in its 10k miles. Sorry if it's been stated before but what symptoms should I actually be looking for ?

Main things to me hesitancy when accelerating, gear box jerk when pulling out of junction, slow response when reversing uphill
GTS Delivered April 2018
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

The time I get a jerky response is usually when manoeuvring on an incline, forwards or backwards. It seems to me to be related to the hold function which automatically applies the brakes on a slope and there's a bit of a conflict between stopping the car rolling and the demand for power.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Spud

Post by Spud »

Not wishing to labour the point but today was the first time I have had the opportunity to use the motorway since the Transfer Box exchange, had the Macan in Sports plus most of the time and I really cannot believe the difference in response, makes me realise that the Box was probably "iffy" from when I collected the car 👌
GTS Delivered April 2018
trialframe

Post by trialframe »

I'm pretty sure it's not a baffle catching. The transfer box failing sound more likely, although I've never had any problems when reversing.
Like I said only way to replicate it for sure is to come to a stop on an upward section of hill and start off from a stop. You can then feel maybe 4 or more muffled clonks as the car accelerates away.
Sorry put this on the wrong thread!!!

trialframe2017-02-14 12:31:54