Transfer Box Replacement

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Retired

Post by Retired »

Hardwork
Tyres down to 4mm in theory you should be able to run them down to the legal limit of 1.6 mm,I know most don't but I'm sure we shouldn't need to replace them at 4mm to keep the !
Macan running correctly that to me sounds like an insult on your intelligence and total Bull sh*t.
SteveW

Exactly.

Utter rubbish.

A significantly different rolling radius on one wheel MIGHT cause some difficulty. But equally worn tyres, I don' think so.

Suggest to them that you'll replace the tyres if they undertake to cover the cost if it doesn't work. Should find out how confident they are.

Hardworkaardvark

Post by Hardworkaardvark »

Thank Retired
It's nice to know that there is support out there.

Thank you to all you guys.
Ald.
JKNHants

Post by JKNHants »

A bit surprised at your OPC Aardvark. Portsmouth very sympathetic to "issues" and keen to sort (they are Inchcape). I would not hesitate to copy Reading with problems if I felt they weren't being taken seriously.
Petrol S delivered Apr 16
Hardworkaardvark

Post by Hardworkaardvark »

Hi Guys

An update on my juddering/hesitation and the situation with my tyres.
I took the macan to the OPC myself so I could show the senior technician the problem. So on a very short road test it was unanimous that the Transfer box was at fault. He said that water can enter the box by the air vent and damage the plates.
I now have the pleasure to wait a week for the new one to be fitted.
I do get to drive a boring Volvo XC60 to bring me back to reality (sorry if anyone owns a XC60)
My daughter chuckled when I picked her up from school. I used the sport mode, mmm no thrills there. I can't wait for my macan back.

I will let you all know if it fixes the problem.
Cheers
Al.
Ald.
Paul

Post by Paul »

A good bit of advice there - if you've got an issue with the car always insist on you taking it out with a technician to demonstrate. A pain I know, but its the only way to ensure both parties are hunting the same problem.
(To be fair, the dealership should offer / sugest this, but many don't)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

A good bit of advice there - if you've got an issue with the car always insist on you taking it out with a technician to demonstrate. A pain I know, but its the only way to ensure both parties are hunting the same problem.
(To be fair, the dealership should offer / sugest this, but many don't)

A lot of the "upmarket" dealers are not keen on you speaking to the technician. I would always like to speak directly to the technician rather than speak to some stupid girl/boy (no offence!) who would struggle to open the bonnet.
Paul

Post by Paul »

My dealership invited me into the workshop to see my car up in the air and chat to the tech last time....apparently its a new Porsche initiative....?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
JKNHants

Post by JKNHants »

Ditto Paul - I leapt at this surprise initiative and had a detailed tour of the extensive facilities thrown in.
Petrol S delivered Apr 16
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

JKNHants, was that at Portsmouth OPC?
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

Just left my 2015 SD at the OPC to have a new Transfer Box after 12,000 miles.
If you have any suspicion that you have a problem do not wait as I had a very bad experience when pulling out on to a major road (A52) the car jumped and stalled in the middle of the road. Luckily there were no cars near at the time.
OPC said this is very rare on Macans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!