Transfer Box Replacement

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Spud

Post by Spud »

Getting my Macan back on Saturday with a new transfer box. Service engineer said that the box is a new modified version to fix the problem and not just a like for like replacement. He also stated that when the same problem occurred on the Cayenne the design was modified, pity they did not read across to the Macan at the time.

Has the new Transfer Box made a difference ? I've just been told that it could take up to two weeks to obtain a replacement as there are none available in the UK
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1

Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Getting my Macan back on Saturday with a new transfer box. Service engineer said that the box is a new modified version to fix the problem and not just a like for like replacement. He also stated that when the same problem occurred on the Cayenne the design was modified, pity they did not read across to the Macan at the time.

Has the new Transfer Box made a difference ? I've just been told that it could take up to two weeks to obtain a replacement as there are none available in the UK

So these Macans seem prone to breaking, I did not expect that. Makes me think maybe I should hold off on my PP and look at the new LR coming out.
Bobalsop

Post by Bobalsop »

Hi
Mine (15 plate petrol S, 11,000 miles) has just been in for low rev juddering once at operating temperatures - OK when cold, but fairly violent when warmed up.
They've told me it needs a new transfer box, so clearly not an uncommon issue by the sounds of it.
I thought it was the transfer box as it seemed to happen when loading power to the front, dropping away as more goes back to the rear.
Not sure how long replacement will take to come as they need to fit one into the factory production schedule. All current production is allocated to new cars.
Annoying, as I do like the car.
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Hopefully, the new transfer box will have been upgraded to ensure this problem does not recur.
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Spud

Post by Spud »

Hi
Mine (15 plate petrol S, 11,000 miles) has just been in for low rev juddering once at operating temperatures - OK when cold, but fairly violent when warmed up.
They've told me it needs a new transfer box, so clearly not an uncommon issue by the sounds of it.
I thought it was the transfer box as it seemed to happen when loading power to the front, dropping away as more goes back to the rear.
Not sure how long replacement will take to come as they need to fit one into the factory production schedule. All current production is allocated to new cars.
Annoying, as I do like the car.

Mine went in a week ago, my OPC said that the replacement Box will be about two weeks so I am hoping it will be back by the end of next week, Like has been said I am asking the question about if its a modified box as I don't want the same problem further down the line, they did have similar problems with the Cayenne but it appears to be a common fault with the Macan and from what I can see mainly the Diesel Angry
GTS Delivered April 2018
Spud

Post by Spud »

Phone call from OPC New transfer box fitted and ready for collection, just over a week to complete so I am happy with that, the new box IS a modified box so hopefully all will be good going forward
GTS Delivered April 2018
Paul

Post by Paul »

Phone call from OPC New transfer box fitted and ready for collection, just over a week to complete so I am happy with that, the new box IS a modified box so hopefully all will be good going forward

( ..does this mean wingco gets his Panemera now? )
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Good result Spud! Thumbs Up
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Matt

Post by Matt »

Has anyone heard of a transfer box issue on a GTS?
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Hi Matt - not yet, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I have just noticed (7500 miles in) that at a cold start there is a distinct engagement / clunck when driving off. It disappears when the drive train warms up.

Why are you asking?
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18