Bizarre cruise control quirk

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

It is odd to operate. The quirk that I was really referring to is that it sets it at 1mph faster than I am going. It seems impossible to set it at exactly the speed I am travelling. Not a major issue, but a bit strange

Simonc

Post by Simonc »

Don't think I notice that behaviour myself, but then I always leave it "on" but inactive, so I just set it by pushing the stalk away. Try doing that instead of pressing the button at the end of the stalk first and see if you get the same behaviour.Simonc2017-04-10 14:16:44
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Just been out in the Macan, and tested cruise control (I have ACC) whilst I was out.

At a constant speed pushed stalk forward nothing happened.

Then pressed button, got the greyed icon showing on the MFD, then pushed stalk forward and it engaged at the speed I was travelling and that speed was shown in the now not greyed icon.

Three prods down and a 3mph increase indicated on MFD and achieved on speedo.

Four pulls up and a 4 mph decease shown on MFD and car slowed to new set speed.

Col Lamb2017-04-10 14:50:07
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Andy352

Post by Andy352 »

Just been out in the Macan, and tested cruise control (I have ACC) whilst I was out.

At a constant speed pushed stalk forward nothing happened.

Then pressed button, got the greyed icon showing on the MFD, then pushed stalk forward and it engaged at the speed I was travelling and that speed was shown in the now not greyed icon.

Three prods down and a 3mph increase indicated on MFD and achieved on speedo.

Four pulls up and a 4 mph decease shown on MFD and car slowed to new set speed.

Just hold the stalk either forwards or backwards and speed increases or decreases by 5mph increments. Saves repeated pulls or pushes.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGTU3KJ5
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

I feel sorry for designers.

Everybody uses the system differently to achieve the same result.

I think the designers have done a good job trying to anticipate how people will use the system.

For instance, I have never used the button to turn it on, just the stalk Wacko
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Paul

Post by Paul »

Back to Ian.g's OP....I tried mine yesterday to confirm, (standard cruise) and pushing forward to set, the speed set was the same as the actual speed shown; no 1mph increment as you describe. Perhaps a call to the dealership? (although not a major problem as you say, you seem to be the only one with the issue?)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
VanB

Post by VanB »

Mine also doesn't add the 1 mph increment although I always leave mine on but inactive when not in use. Have you tried that? Just push the stalk forward and it sets at the current speed.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Well today I tried again. I can't set the speed without turning it on first by pressing the button on the stalk. If I just push the stalk away, nothing happens. It only sets when it has been turned on. And it set at the speed at which I was driving today. Odd, as I had tested it out several times before posting this.
I wonder if the latest software demands that you turn it on before you can set it as I certainly couldn't set it without turning on.
LLL

Post by LLL »

Well today I tried again. I can't set the speed without turning it on first by pressing the button on the stalk. If I just push the stalk away, nothing happens. It only sets when it has been turned on. And it set at the speed at which I was driving today. Odd, as I had tested it out several times before posting this.
I wonder if the latest software demands that you turn it on before you can set it as I certainly couldn't set it without turning on.

Trick is to never turn it off. If you don't it will always be on and ready to be engaged. Even if you park/close the car it will be ON if you left it that way last time you drove.

At least this was how it worked out in my Macan...