First Service Booking

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
LVision

Post by LVision »

Hi Guys, booked my Macan S's first (interim) service today for a couple of weeks time. No problems, all straight forward, and rec'd email confirmation from them shortly afterwards including the following:-

"Thank you for your booking. Please accept this email as confirmation for the appointment of your Porsche Macan, Reg No on Date x

· Intermediate service £450.00

· Brake Fluid Change - £150.00

· Air Conditioning Service - £150.00

Please confirm in advance of booking that you are happy for us to carry out the list of work suggested above.

You will receive a call from our service team the day before your appointment to confirm the details of your booking."

Car has done just short of 11k in 2 years so not a lot compared to others I'm sure and the Interim service cost (£450) is pretty much as I expected however not sure a Brake Fluid Change is needed even less so the Air Conditioning Service ?

What are other people's thoughts and experience of this ?

Thanks

jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

My Turbo is due a brake fluid change in July at 2years old at £95 including vat and labour etc..

Air conditioning hasn't been mentioned and I'm past 26k miles and 20months old.

It's had its first service at 20k miles at £405..
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Most manufacturers recommend brake fluid is changed at two or three yearly intervals. The reason is that brake fluid is hygroscopic and even in a 'sealed' system absorbs moisture over time. This eventually can lead to corrosion in the brake system or, more seriously, the brake fluid boiling under severe duty, for example descending an alpine pass. This is not when you want braking problems!

Air con systems do need maintenance, leak checks and top-ups in order to remain efficient and reliable.

You could save money on both by delaying them or going independent but do you really want to? Future buyers will want to see full compliance with the service schedule too.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
wizard

Post by wizard »

£450 sounds pretty steep for what is essentially an oil filter, oil change and a new pollen filter plus some subsidiary checks to ensure nothing is about to fall off.

The recommended brake change at two years is sensible and seems reasonable. Being honest it probably takes them longer to do that than it does the service....

Air conditioning is normally if it ain't broke no need to mess with it.

Hi Guys, booked my Macan S's first (interim) service today for a couple of weeks time. No problems, all straight forward, and rec'd email confirmation from them shortly afterwards including the following:-

"Thank you for your booking. Please accept this email as confirmation for the appointment of your Porsche Macan, Reg No on Date x

· Intermediate service £450.00

· Brake Fluid Change - £150.00

· Air Conditioning Service - £150.00

Please confirm in advance of booking that you are happy for us to carry out the list of work suggested above.

You will receive a call from our service team the day before your appointment to confirm the details of your booking."

Car has done just short of 11k in 2 years so not a lot compared to others I'm sure and the Interim service cost (£450) is pretty much as I expected however not sure a Brake Fluid Change is needed even less so the Air Conditioning Service ?

What are other people's thoughts and experience of this ?

Thanks
Delivered May 2015

http://www.porsche-code.com/PF14VLL5
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I would have the brake fluid done but if the air con is working fine, leave it alone.
Laguna

Post by Laguna »

I'm not sure about having an aircon service after 2 years. I think my plan would be an oil change after 1 year, 1st service + break fluid minus oil change for year 2 then another oil change after 2.5years.
Assuming I keep for 2 years and not get tempted with another.
PHBALKC6
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

From Porsche website.
Macan
Fixed price servicing
Your Macan is in the best hands at your Porsche Centre. Here is a breakdown of what is included and the pricing structure of servicing work.
Minor service includes:
• Fault code analysis
• Replacement of pollen lter
• Replacement of oil lter and engine oil using Mobil 1 oil
• Provision of one litre Mobil 1 top-up pack
• Inspection of: vehicle underside and engine compartment, coolant hoses, coolant (level and antifreeze check), radiator, air intake, brake system, brake hoses and lines, drive shafts, tyres, locks and latches, electrical equipment, horn, windscreen wiper washing system, power steering and uid level check and lighting system (including headlights and indicators)
• Final test drive to check all major safety, comfort and mechanical systems for effective operation followed by nal post-drive uid level check
Major service includes:
All items in minor service as detailed plus:
• Replacement of air cleaner element
• Check condition, and adjust if required: fuel system, parking brake, clutch, steering gear, tie rod ends, axle joints, running gear, exhaust system, suspension, seat belts, throttle actuation and Polyrib belt
All of the above items are included in the xed pricing structure.*
Service timeline and additional work requirements vary according to model. For full details on your Porsche's service requirements please contact the Service Department at your local Porsche Centre. Within a minor or major service additional parts or work may be required depending upon the age of the vehicle, mileage and wear and tear. Additional work is not included within the prices displayed, should it be required we will advise you of this prior to completing the work. Having your Porsche serviced by a Porsche Centre means you also have access to a courtesy car** or the option of a collection and delivery service.**
For more information about the range of services available, please speak to a member of the Service Department at your local Porsche Centre.
*Participating Centres only. Fixed price tariffs may be withdrawn or varied at any time. **Subject to availability.

Minor Servic Major Service Brake Fluid Change
Macan £425.00 £495.00 £95.00
Macan S. £425.00 £495.00 £95.00
Macan S Diesel £425.00 £555.00 £95.00
Macan Turbo £425.00 £495.00 £95.00
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

A change of Brake fluid every 2 years is common on all makes, certainly Mercedes and Jaguar. It can absorb moisture so would lose it's max hydraulic capability, best to have it in top condition. I wouldn't bother with Air Con service, unless you feel it is not performing well, or smells.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Paul

Post by Paul »

Service cost, whilst high, is standard.
Brake fluid change every 2 years, yes.
A/C "service" not worth it until the car is at least 4 yrs old (as long as the a/c is working)

(prices per Col's post)Paul2017-04-22 16:48:25
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

A/C servicing will always be emotive, but as long as it is functional then at most all that is required is a clean of the heat exchanger, disinfect it and check the drive belt.

The £150 would probably equate to one hour labour which does seem rather a lot for what I would expect to be a 15 minute task.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags