Macan turbo sports exhaust

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
reynard 1956

Post by reynard 1956 »

Hi guys, I am a new member and have a 2015 Macan turbo, I live in north Lincolnshire and am after getting a sports exhaust fitted, I've been quoted £2500 at Porsche but wondered what advice other members could give me, thank you

Paul

Post by Paul »

PSE does make the car sound extra special; no extra power or speed and fairly pricey as a dealer fit...(standard on the GTS )
It drones a bit on the motorway so I turn it off, but its on most of the time.
I think Hawkeye on here had one fitted to his diesel for around that sort if price....(?)
Ask to keep the old system if you do go for it; that way you can change back as and when you p/x - the car will be worth exactly the same with or without...
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
EviL Ras

Post by EviL Ras »

Got the PSE as standard on our GTS. Its basically a lower tone when idling. And a great sound when you hit the go faster pedal! Its great! but as they say, it doesnt make it faster like other aftermarket sports exhausts. So its worth looking round!
Carmine and Partial Garnet GTS Delivered Jan 17' www.porsche-code.com/PHE2IGH7
Our collection video - https://youtu.be/B-HvzRYztqc
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Hi reynard

I've the PSE on my 2015 Turbo and it does change the attitude of the Macan.

Don't think I'd gell with a non PSE Turbo it's too refined without considering all Porsche are more visceral than some other manufacturers

It's a lot of money but for me I wouldn't buy one without PSE
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

As Paul indicated, had it retrofitted on my SD at just under £2,500. Prices quoted by dealers varied by up to £1,000 surprisingly. Totally different sound of course to a petrol, but worth it even on the SD in my opinion. If (when) I buy another Porsche, I will definitely get one with PSE.
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Hi guys, I am a new member and have a 2015 Macan turbo, I live in north Lincolnshire and am after getting a sports exhaust fitted, I've been quoted £2500 at Porsche but wondered what advice other members could give me, thank you

If you can afford It, then have it done, check out cost at several OPC's though. I had it on my SD and it was great. It was on every time leaving and returning home, in all slow traffic situations, overtaking open top cars in a lower gear than required and uphill accelerating hard with the roof cracked open, all great fun. Usually off when cruising. Not on my new S, (the start up sound is very good though), I spent the cost on LED's and other stuff. If I had a Turbo and £2k available, it would have it booked in. Let us know your impressions after it's fitted.
Your post would attract more comments in one of the other main sections; it can be moved but I don't know how.Bigboyrolo2017-04-27 08:04:47
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

If you want a permanent sports sound would a custom exhaust be an option?

Keep the old one for when you sell the car.

I've seem some beautiful work at Hayward & Scott, Blueflame used to have a good reputation if they're still about.

Maybe wait until the guarantee has expired and do some research on the effects of reduced back pressure first, certainly suits the 928 engine.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome

A different option.

Try searching online, I did find a Company who modify the standard exhaust system to be able to keep the valves open via a switch alas I do not know their name or location but the cost was a few hundred.

This is basically all that happens with PSE with the PSE also having a speaker (Porsche call it a resonator) that is attached to the bodywork for the purpose of inducing vibrations in the bodywork.

That said I do not think that adding a PSE will add any value to the car.

The Macans I have driven with PSE sounded good but not great, a great sounding exhaust will be one supplied via third parties.

Join the USA based macanforum.com and adk the question there as they do seem to have a plethora of exhaust makers there.

Standard PSE does have a very invasive drone at constant speed and I was certainly glad it was switchable.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

I didn't have PSE on my MY15 Turbo, but do have it on my MY17 Turbo.

I mostly turn it off as it's not that great soundwise and creates cabin drone at cruising speeds.

I probably wouldn't spec it again for a Macan.

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Retired

Post by Retired »

I didn't have PSE on my MY15 Turbo, but do have it on my MY17 Turbo.

I mostly turn it off as it's not that great soundwise and creates cabin drone at cruising speeds.

I probably wouldn't spec it again for a Macan.

Same situation. Came as standard on Turbo PP.

PSE off 95% of the time. Car makes a nice noise when accelerating without PSE,blend of induction and exhaust. The 5% is because it switches on with Sport / Sport + and it takes a few minutes for me to get fed up with it and switch it off.

PSE, as said, drones at constant speed.

Was in a car park the other day and heard something that I thought sounded like a petrol Macan with PSE. Looked around and saw a teenagers modded Corsa......