Regenerate Particulate Filter

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Possibly Porsche are being "green" and playing by the rules whereas the others including VW are just pretending to collect the soot etc..

mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

I can't understand why some people are getting regen warning lights whilst others nothing. My Monday to Friday trips are very short - only a couple of miles at a time with a regular weekend 30 min run to nearest city and back . Never had a regen warning in 16500 miles and never noticed passive regen occurring. Always use Shell regular diesel. Some would ask why I bought a diesel but having had a Cayman and a Boxster and struggling to get 20mpg was happier with nigh on 40mpg with the diesel Macan. Just hoping that the forthcoming engine management software update does not affect particulate regen , fuel consumption, performance or ad blue consumption.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
BeeMac

Post by BeeMac »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 11:35 pm I can't understand why some people are getting regen warning lights whilst others nothing. My Monday to Friday trips are very short - only a couple of miles at a time with a regular weekend 30 min run to nearest city and back . Never had a regen warning in 16500 miles and never noticed passive regen occurring. Always use Shell regular diesel. Some would ask why I bought a diesel but having had a Cayman and a Boxster and struggling to get 20mpg was happier with nigh on 40mpg with the diesel Macan. Just hoping that the forthcoming engine management software update does not affect particulate regen , fuel consumption, performance or ad blue consumption.
Hi Mark,
It's been about 3 months since your post and I was wondering if your SD has had the engine management software update yet? If so, I'd be very interested to hear what effect, if any, this may have had - in particular, have you had any DPF regen issues?
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

BeeMac wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:21 pm
mark-yorkshire wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 11:35 pm I can't understand why some people are getting regen warning lights whilst others nothing. My Monday to Friday trips are very short - only a couple of miles at a time with a regular weekend 30 min run to nearest city and back . Never had a regen warning in 16500 miles and never noticed passive regen occurring. Always use Shell regular diesel. Some would ask why I bought a diesel but having had a Cayman and a Boxster and struggling to get 20mpg was happier with nigh on 40mpg with the diesel Macan. Just hoping that the forthcoming engine management software update does not affect particulate regen , fuel consumption, performance or ad blue consumption.
Hi Mark,
It's been about 3 months since your post and I was wondering if your SD has had the engine management software update yet? If so, I'd be very interested to hear what effect, if any, this may have had - in particular, have you had any DPF regen issues?
Documented in thread Macan DPF Problems
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.