Vibration and engine noise

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
JJay

Post by JJay »

I have a GTS which I picked up in December and have now done 3500 miles. Recently I have noticed 2 issues that I think warrant a trip to the OPC. I would like to know if anyone else has had similar issues which might narrow down diagnosis.

Firstly, at idle there is a ticking from both sides of the engine (any temperature) which sounds like belts / bearings, overall sounds tappety.

Secondly, also at idle the car has developed a rhythmic vibrating motion vaguely side to side which worsens if Sport is pressed and disappears if Sports+ then pressed but symptoms persist in both other modes. Only time I've felt similar was in a previous Audi which was diagnosed with dual mass flywheel failure.

Any thoughts welcome.

jk88

Post by jk88 »

I think I've noticed the ticking you describe, so maybe that's normal (either that or I have the same fault). Not noticed the vibration, although the idle speed does pick up by a 100 revs or so if in Sport mode.
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
JJay

Post by JJay »

Thanks JK, maybe the belt / bearing noise is normal. I will run it in to the dealer to check that and the other issue out. I'll let you know the feedback.