In search for the best 2.0l tuning.... My list of choices

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
macanapb

Post by macanapb »

nozydog wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:42 am
macanapb wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:38 am I have talked to my Porsche sales guy when purchasing the 2.0 Macan and he also said that the power was voluntarily limited by Porsche in order not to get to close to the performance offered by the S...However the car is lighter and feels very agile. I agree with your comments on Power being available at High Revs...Hence considering the remap, which should improve that. 300 bhp in this car with 440 NM of torque (basically very much like the GTI or S3) coupled with the PDK sounds wonderful. Also my previous car was a GLA 45...so I am a big fan of boosted 4-cyl. engines. I am talking to JFA as they are quite good apparently with VAG engines. Anyone has used them?
I think you are referring to a Golf R not a GTi as the GTi has similar power/torque to the Macan 2.0!! (unless you refer to a boosted GTi engine) The S3 does come standard with 300HP

Yes you’re right, Audi S3 / Golf R will be the closest in terms of performance running the exact same engine.

Pivot

Post by Pivot »

nozydog wrote:
macanapb wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:38 am I have talked to my Porsche sales guy when purchasing the 2.0 Macan and he also said that the power was voluntarily limited by Porsche in order not to get to close to the performance offered by the S...However the car is lighter and feels very agile. I agree with your comments on Power being available at High Revs...Hence considering the remap, which should improve that. 300 bhp in this car with 440 NM of torque (basically very much like the GTI or S3) coupled with the PDK sounds wonderful. Also my previous car was a GLA 45...so I am a big fan of boosted 4-cyl. engines. I am talking to JFA as they are quite good apparently with VAG engines. Anyone has used them?
I think you are referring to a Golf R not a GTi as the GTi has similar power/torque to the Macan 2.0!! (unless you refer to a boosted GTi engine) The S3 does come standard with 300HP
Are the 2.0L 300HP derivatives still available, under the new emissions reg’s? We know what that 2.0L engine can crank-out, if one could change the fuel/ignition mapping in between the MOT tests... I mean hypothetically speaking [emoji12]
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
johnd

Post by johnd »

Pivot wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:10 pm Are the 2.0L 300HP derivatives still available, under the new emissions reg’s?
Pretty much, yes. The engines seem to have been derated by around 6-8BHP with the PPF in place, so they're marginally under 300 now. But I'm guessing that not too many people will notice the difference.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly