Engine Control Fault Consult Dealer Driving Permitted

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
BillH

Post by BillH »

Anyone had this warning come up, just been stuck in traffic on the M6 and it came on, drove the 20 miles home without a problembut obviously a bit worrying.

Will be contacting the main dealer first thing in the morning, problem is they are 40 miles away

Bill

download/file.php?mode=view&id=928

IMG_1218.JPG

Deposit paid 12 Sept 2015 Cancelled Jan 2016
Deposit paid Aug 2016 and interim SD bought,
Took delivery March 2017
New Spec
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHXBJFT9

Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

HI Bill. I have had this on a 15 reg Diesel. The dealer informed me to keep an eye on it. In the meantime, after a re-start, the issue had cleared. It might be a sensor in the engine getting a little excited by something.

Good luck
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
BillH

Post by BillH »

I have had the regenerate particle filter message a few times and the engine felt as if if was missing when picking up from low revs. I gave it a good run on Sunday in manual, keeping the revs above 2k hoping that might sort out the problem, looks like it has made it worse.

I was going to contact the main dealer tomorrow anyway to resolve the missing issue and a door trim that keeps coming loose, looks like they have something else to look at as well.

I had the car in March and have done just over 6k miles, not exactly what I was expecting, had no problems with the previous SD, which I only had I had for seven months, doing similar journeys and mileage

Bill
Took delivery March 2017
New Spec
BillH

Post by BillH »

A faulty oxygen sensor appears to have been the problem, all done under warranty, just waiting for the car to be returned
Took delivery March 2017
New Spec
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Good news
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

BillH wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:51 pm A faulty oxygen sensor appears to have been the problem, all done under warranty, just waiting for the car to be returned
Hope they fixed the door trim too, and gave you a nice loan car! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
BillH

Post by BillH »

The car trim was fixed, but interestingly they said that it was not under warranty, but they would do it as a good will gesture due to the engine problem, stating that the lugs which attached the trim to the door had been broken off, possibly due to it getting caught some how!

I racked my brain as to how this could have happened and couldn't think of any possible way that the trim would have been caught up enough to break the lugs off. When I mentioned this to friend of mine, they asked which door had been repaired when a kind person had opened their door and knocked into my car, (four weeks old, 600 miles on the clock) it was of course the front passenger door, what a coincidence.

When I spoke to the dealer about collection I mentioned the door repair and asked if the door trim would have been removed for the repair to take place, they thanked me for mentioning it and said they would look into it, restores your faith in dealerships.

I was given a BMW 420D from Enterprise, which would have been OK if BMW had remembered to fit some suspension, there are numerous speed bumps and poor roads near to where I live and it was like driving a bone shaker, I think the problem with owning a Macan, is that you are going to be disappointed the majority of the time, no matter what vehicle you get

Bill
Took delivery March 2017
New Spec
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

BillH wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:58 pm The car trim was fixed, but interestingly they said that it was not under warranty, but they would do it as a good will gesture due to the engine problem, stating that the lugs which attached the trim to the door had been broken off, possibly due to it getting caught some how!

I racked my brain as to how this could have happened and couldn't think of any possible way that the trim would have been caught up enough to break the lugs off. When I mentioned this to friend of mine, they asked which door had been repaired when a kind person had opened their door and knocked into my car, (four weeks old, 600 miles on the clock) it was of course the front passenger door, what a coincidence.

When I spoke to the dealer about collection I mentioned the door repair and asked if the door trim would have been removed for the repair to take place, they thanked me for mentioning it and said they would look into it, restores your faith in dealerships.

I was given a BMW 420D from Enterprise, which would have been OK if BMW had remembered to fit some suspension, there are numerous speed bumps and poor roads near to where I live and it was like driving a bone shaker, I think the problem with owning a Macan, is that you are going to be disappointed the majority of the time, no matter what vehicle you get

Bill
Was that some sort of paintless dent repair done at the OPC then? Sounds like it was damaged by whoever did the repair - perhaps they contracted it out and will be reviewing that practice!
BillH

Post by BillH »

Yes it was a paintless dent, was given the impression that the OPC had done the repair, but not sure, almost certainly the trim problem occured during the repair

Bill
Took delivery March 2017
New Spec
Guy

Post by Guy »

BillH wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:08 am Yes it was a paintless dent, was given the impression that the OPC had done the repair, but not sure, almost certainly the trim problem occured during the repair

Bill
Perhaps send them this and tell them to be more careful in future:

Actually compared to other cars, Macan door panel removal looks quite straightforward. I've removed panels on VWs and BMWs, and you have to be so careful not to break the myriad of small plastic (and usually brittle) trim connectors.