Transmission oil leak

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Paul

Post by Paul »

r1flyguy wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 5:44 pm Mines a coming up to 3 yr old 16k miles Macan DS and was MOT’d by Porsche on Friday and they have also found a ‘gearbox’ oil leak.

Its under warranty so its going back in for them to explore further in a couple of weeks.
They say its a fine spray and not a oil drip type leak, which concerns me both wats as its parked on our newly block paved driveway :lol:

Think i need to put something under the car just in case until its sorted. :roll:
A piece of cardboard in the same place every night could also be potentially useful for the dealership to show where the oil is collecting - may help to identify where the leak is coming from...
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

r1flyguy wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 5:44 pm Mines a coming up to 3 yr old 16k miles Macan DS and was MOT’d by Porsche on Friday and they have also found a ‘gearbox’ oil leak.

Its under warranty so its going back in for them to explore further in a couple of weeks.
They say its a fine spray and not a oil drip type leak, which concerns me both wats as its parked on our newly block paved driveway :lol:

Think i need to put something under the car just in case until its sorted. :roll:
I would be interested to know what yours turns out to be. And whether they replace the PDK or not. Will you be taking out an extended warranty?
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Ian.g wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:34 pm

I would be interested to know what yours turns out to be. And whether they replace the PDK or not. Will you be taking out an extended warranty?

I didnt want to hijack your thread but i will update it should anything be found, also i bought mine as a year old porsche approved so warranty doesnt expire until later this year thankfully.
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I wouldn't worry about hijacking my thread - there won't be any more updates until next March when it it due its first service. Unless of course they have got it wrong and something happens between now and then. Seems unlikely though.
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Ian.g wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 5:46 pm I wouldn't worry about hijacking my thread - there won't be any more updates until next March when it it due its first service. Unless of course they have got it wrong and something happens between now and then. Seems unlikely though.
My macan was originally booked in for the 7th June but due to a booking error by the service manager i had a call yesterday confirming my attendance today :lol: no probs i thought, so took it in this morning for the initial exploratory work.

Ill let you know the findings if any.

Have a bright yellow cayman 718 as a courtesy car, it feels so small!!! Amazing what you get used too.

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

So, got the car back. It appears there is a slight oil leak, in its 'infancy' as they describe it and safe to drive, however...

They want to replace the gearbox nonetheless and its booked it for the work to be carried out in a couple of weeks, all done under warranty of course.

I can't fault the service department at my local OPC. I haven't purchased a car there (not for want of trying) as they have never had what I wanted and having tried to buy new from them recently and had shocking treatment, there service department has been first rate with both of my vehicles of late.

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

r1flyguy wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:30 pm So, got the car back. It appears there is a slight oil leak, in its 'infancy' as they describe it and safe to drive, however...

They want to replace the gearbox nonetheless and its booked it for the work to be carried out in a couple of weeks, all done under warranty of course.

I can't fault the service department at my local OPC. I haven't purchased a car there (not for want of trying) as they have never had what I wanted and having tried to buy new from them recently and had shocking treatment, there service department has been first rate with both of my vehicles of late.
Interesting. Sounds pretty similar to my leak, but different treatment. Your car is quite a bit older than mine which still has plenty of warranty to run. I know they have told me it won't have any impact on the car in the long run, but in my experience, all leaks get worse over time and I don't supopse this one will be any different. Have they told you it will take 1 day? Or is it longer than this? Which OPC out of interest?
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Ian.g wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:41 pm
r1flyguy wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:30 pm So, got the car back. It appears there is a slight oil leak, in its 'infancy' as they describe it and safe to drive, however...

Interesting. Sounds pretty similar to my leak, but different treatment. Your car is quite a bit older than mine which still has plenty of warranty to run. I know they have told me it won't have any impact on the car in the long run, but in my experience, all leaks get worse over time and I don't supopse this one will be any different. Have they told you it will take 1 day? Or is it longer than this? Which OPC out of interest?
They need the car for 2 days. So its booked in. No courtesy car on this occasion as its short notice but i have my othe car or SWMBO has a company car at our disposal so no issues with getting about really.
Just noticed your Worcestershire based too. OPC is Solihull as they are my local.

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

r1flyguy wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:01 am
Ian.g wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:41 pm

They need the car for 2 days. So its booked in. No courtesy car on this occasion as its short notice but i have my othe car or SWMBO has a company car at our disposal so no issues with getting about really.
Just noticed your Worcestershire based too. OPC is Solihull as they are my local.
You must be north Worcestershire. I am closer to Tewkesbury. Much easier to get to than Solihull
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Tewkesbury and Solihull are equidistant from me, but I've used Solihull since 2006, never tried Tewkesbury. Are they any good, courtesy cars provided etc?
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S