Engine Oil Level low

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
martind21

Post by martind21 »

Hi,

I've got a Macan SD which about 8 months old.
I usually do 6-7k miles a year but in the past 2 weeks I've done about 900miles.

When I got home from a 200 mile drive this evening my display alerted me to low oil and asked me to put a litre of oil in.

I'm used to topping up oil with older cars but I didn't think I'd need to yet as the cars done under 5,500 miles.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal or not?

If it is that's fine, just want to be sure :)

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

martind21 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:12 pm Hi,

I usually do 6-7k miles a year but in the past 2 weeks I've done about 900miles.

When I got home from a 200 mile drive this evening my display alerted me to low oil and asked me to put a litre of oil in.

I'm used to topping up oil with older cars but I didn't think I'd need to yet as the cars done under 5,500 miles.

I'd say that's perfectly normal. Diesels often take up to 12000 miles to fully run in and achieve peak piston ring sealing etc, so you may find it doesn't consume much more, if any, before its first service.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Spud

Post by Spud »

martind21 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:12 pm Hi,

I had the same with my SD, The OPC Service dept said its normal and did a top up FOC, I had done about 8,000 miles, then did a further 10,000 and it needed another top up, dont think its anything to be concerned about
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
martind21

Post by martind21 »

Thank you for the advice.
Sounds like not much to worry about then.

Car is going into OPC at some point in the near future for a dent repair, so will just slip it into conversation when I drop it off :D